Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status system suggestions
Hi! I like the new status system. Not as much as I could, though. Here are some suggestions:
  • Give the individual levels of burning/radiation their own names. Burning-Ablaze-Consumed In Flames; Irradiated could just have its level names denoted possibly.
  • When clicking on a status, show how long it will last in the chat in remaining seconds. Some things glitch and may or may not stack/display their times properly.
I haven't played since the status thing was implemented, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

We have a status indicator for radiation now? Doesn't that sort of remove both the stealth factor of radioactive poisons and whatever stealth the rad crossbow had left?
(04-14-2018, 05:26 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I haven't played since the status thing was implemented, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

We have a status indicator for radiation now? Doesn't that sort of remove both the stealth factor of radioactive poisons and whatever stealth the rad crossbow had left?

It probably absolutely does!!
I'm aware of the crossbow/poison thing being a problem.
I got something in the works but it'll be a bit.

Now the actual suggestions ...

Currently the different levels have different icons and tooltips.
The different icons for the stages in particular were meant to let you know at a glance how severe things are.
I'll look into different names as well if that's critical, although i'm a little worried about consistency.

As for the clicking thing; have you encountered a problem where the timer didn't work?
It'd probably be better for me to fix that if necessary.
I need the "click on status effect" for other things (Like the ability to remove a buff from yourself by clicking it etc.), so that makes this kind of tricky.
Thanks for all the work you're doing, Keelin!

Will there be an indicator for the max health reduction incurred by repeated cloning or by the manufacture of a certain secret chemical?
I'll have to rework a little bit of code but i can do that, I'm sure.

EDIT: Done.
That was quick!

This one is also another edge case, but would it be a good idea to have a status indicator for immortality as well?