Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Industrial suits do not protect from radiation poisoning and mutation
As the title says, an industrial space armor suit will not prevent you from receiving the radiation status effect, and while you will receive no direct damage, you can still mutate. This can have seriously debilitating side effects, and makes getting any radioactive ore risky.
I've reason to believe that the server hadn't updated yet when this happened to you.
This *should* already be fixed!

But do let me know if it happens again smile
It happened on RP1 like ~1 or 2 hours ago, so, probably already fixed, yeah.
additionally I just now noticed the radiation suit did not prevent me from getting the irradiated status effect on clarion while getting the little generator with radiation pellets going
Please no
Yeah I just tested on Goon 2 and wearing industrial armor while picking up koshmarite and the like did not prevent me from getting the status effect.
EDIT: I see the problem here. Me not reading properly.
Gaining the effect is normal. Mutating while being protected isn't.
As long as you don't gain any negative effects or damage from it, it is working as intended.

However, i can see how it'd be pretty annoying to be unable to take off your rad suit because you still have the debuff.
I'll see what i can do about that.

[Image: yCGhxyN.png]
That's kinda neat in a way. It's like residual radiation. Decontamination showers that undid the status, making it safe to disrobe could be something