Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Remove or rework the party button
(04-12-2018, 03:18 PM)Xeram Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 03:09 PM)Arborinus Wrote:
(04-12-2018, 02:47 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: The problems are that the disco lights can hurt some individual's eyes and deconstructing a party button after activating it makes it completely impossible to turn the light off. Disco station stopped being funny the very same round that it was discovered you can scan the party button, and when we are talking about the well-being of players outside the game, I think it takes precedence over your fun.

... Then remove the button or make it not as harmful. This change doesn't really seem to have to do with that you said.

I don't think you at all read what Birb said before replying so let me try:

Having party buttons everywhere flashing shittons of colors absolutely kills my eyes and gives me a goddamn headache. I can't imagine how awful it is for anyone sensitive to flashing colors. This alone makes the mass spread of them absolute shit. It was even more absolute shit when you could make the effect permanent by constructing a party button, turning it on, then destroying it so the room could never stop flashing until the end of the round.

Games should not make players have to make the choice between possibly experiencing physical pain or not playing.

I am aware of the eye strain and have experienced it myself. In fact, I have suggested before in IRC that it should be slowly shifting colors, not rapidly flashing. As far as I'm aware it has not been changed since it's original implementation long ago which means a different community/coding mindset. 

The patch does not actually remove the party button or address any of these issues, besides the mass production. I wasn't aware that was the reason it was changed at all, which is why I made this thread. I feel strongly about removing old fun things and was slightly peeved that it was just implemented without any community input. If there had been replies to that thread or something in the changelog explaining more about it I probably wouldn't have made this thread. As I suggested, why not discuss removing the button or changing it since this is an issue that affects people so strongly? I updated the main post to reflect this.

I did not mean to imply anything negative towards visually impaired people.

Messages In This Thread
Remove or rework the party button - by Arborinus - 04-12-2018, 02:37 PM
RE: Make the party button scannable again - by Arborinus - 04-12-2018, 03:59 PM