Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor Stun issues megathread
Considering this excerpt from the changelog

"There WILL be incorrect stun values etc. Well over ~1000 references to stuns had to be changed. There's guaranteed to be mistakes in this. Let me know if something is misbehaving."

I figure we should consolidate any issues about stuns from the new system to a single thread.

First issue ive seen is that the demonic pen (and presumably syndie dagger as well) dosnt knock people down when you throw it at them anymore.
if pen throw doesn't work, i presume that butcher's knife won't stun either
I was using the Adrenaline mutation ability on the shuttle. I think the mechanic is just that it adds a shitload of meth to your bloodstream. Historically this has made me get up from a stunbaton stun within half a second, but the duration was way longer with the new system this time around. Might be worth looking into, I could be mistaken though.
Hey, thanks for starting a thread on this!

i'll be keeping an eye on things here smile
i feel like there's something a bit off with the unconscious status and the part before you enter critical, it's happened a few times where i get a 10 second unconscious status that after 3 seconds will go back to 10 seconds in a loop until i die of straight up o2 damage.

i am aware you're supposed to gain a slow breath loss while in that red health and crit stage but i'm not sure about this unconsciousness stack.

or does this have something to do with being cold and unconscious at the same time?
i assume this is related to this stuff so ill just put it here: operating table self surgery is not possible anymore *scream
Operating table self surgery is different now.

Lay on a table, send up, lay back down (your lower right corner icon should stay 'REST' rather than 'STAND')
Right click on scalpel, pick up, aim for torso with help intent, stab self repeatedly with scalpel, pick up scalpel off the table if the stupid thing slips and stabs you in the eye again.
Press 'REST' button to stand, dance, run off screeching and bleeding all over the floor.
(04-30-2018, 07:51 AM)Eibel Wrote: Operating table self surgery is different now.

Lay on a table, send up, lay back down (your lower right corner icon should stay 'REST' rather than 'STAND')
Right click on scalpel, pick up, aim for torso with help intent, stab self repeatedly with scalpel, pick up scalpel off the table if the stupid thing slips and stabs you in the eye again.
Press 'REST' button to stand, dance, run off screeching and bleeding all over the floor.

does that mean we have more than 0.1 seconds to do a 5 second job now ?
(04-30-2018, 08:01 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(04-30-2018, 07:51 AM)Eibel Wrote: Operating table self surgery is different now.

Usually yes, it's actually stupidly easier now. Though you still drop shit, and you HAVE to right-click now as far as I see. It'd be funny to have a chance to drop the scalpel into your eye or something on occasion honestly..
(04-30-2018, 08:04 AM)Eibel Wrote:
(04-30-2018, 08:01 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:

Usually yes, it's actually stupidly easier now.  Though you still drop shit, and you HAVE to right-click now as far as I see.  It'd be funny to have a chance to drop the scalpel into your eye or something on occasion honestly..

Always felt self-surgery should be an actual mechanic with high failure rate built-in rather than the supposed "test of skill" exploit that it was. Functionally it was just a measure of how good your connection was at that moment.
(04-30-2018, 08:16 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:

Usually yes, it's actually stupidly easier now.  Though you still drop shit, and you HAVE to right-click now as far as I see.  It'd be funny to have a chance to drop the scalpel into your eye or something on occasion honestly..

Always felt self-surgery should be an actual mechanic with high failure rate built-in rather than the supposed "test of skill" exploit that it was. Functionally it was just a measure of how good your connection was at that moment.

I've been kinda hoping that we'll get to be able to hold things while lying down and crawling and that'll take care of self surgery

I've always thought self surgery should take into account painkilling aspect that drinking booze provides. Like, if you down a few shots of something strong or give yourself a bump of morphine you could do surgery fine, but without it you stumble a lot.
(04-30-2018, 09:56 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(04-30-2018, 08:16 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:

I've been kinda hoping that we'll get to be able to hold things while lying down and crawling and that'll take care of self surgery

I've always thought self surgery should take into account painkilling aspect that drinking booze provides. Like, if you down a few shots of something strong or give yourself a bump of morphine you could do surgery fine, but without it you stumble a lot.

Ideally if you wanna go for realism, self-surgery should almost 100% require anaesthetics. 
I challenge anyone to make a clean incision into themselves sober, without just recklessly hacking away. 
(don't do this )
(04-30-2018, 09:56 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I've always thought self surgery should take into account painkilling aspect that drinking booze provides. Like, if you down a few shots of something strong or give yourself a bump of morphine you could do surgery fine, but without it you stumble a lot.

It does, but just because doing that to the patient in general helps.