Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How did you come up with your name?
Tod Sodly: when I first joined 5 years ago, I played botanist pretty much exclusively, and between that and my character's green hair I felt something vaguely grass-y like "sod" was appropriate. The first name's just for the assonance.

Party-Cactus: some fucking random bullshit words slapped together back when I didn't know if I actually planned to play long-term. That it's also botanical is 100% coincidence, probably.
Bobson Dugnutt is one of the original American names created for Fighting Baseball for the Super Famicom. Most of the fake players were just altered NHL player names like Ron Tugnutt.

CUTIE is one of the default AI names that I just gravitated towards. The idea of a friendly AI that thinks it's cute is adorable to me. 

SimianC is just a shortened version of my SA name.
Camilla Graves was my first random name from ss13, I just kept it.

Eibel was a childhood attempt at trying to hide my gender, as all my prior names were obviously female.  It's really just a slap on the keyboard and whatever I could pronounce that sounded neutral.

Thea Rose was a suggested name by Listel who was helping me to create a new character.  Its just a play off the color ''Tea Rose"

Any other name you see me using here is just the random name generator
Recusor came about as an attempt of my teenage self to spell Precursor. It was a unique name that I liked after a while! Sam Eagle was a pretty random/generic name, but it was the first one that I stuck with as I saved my customization so I havent changed it since.
i picked 'kremlin' because i liked russia when i was a little kid. i think i picked the handle in early 2004. i do not like it anymore and sort of resent 'kremlin' which is too bad because im kremlin forever.
11 hours and two pages? Popular thread.
Julian Stough-Jackson came about when I was first joining the RP server. While I was still trying to get to grips, I would random-name up a character, play him for a while, then drop him. Julian Stough was the last name I got before I stopped doing this, and the -Jackson came about when a marriage was held between Julian and Tom Clancy's Gay Ghost's character, Weston Jackson. It was very SS13: the chaplain was being forced to conduct it at gunpoint and the best man had to run off and defuse a nuke after the ceremony.
My other RP server characters' names are basically just stuff I put together because they sounded good. There's no particular story behind any of them.
As for my username? I'm named after a Bionicle. "Avak32" was one of the first usernames I ever used on the internet, and back when I made my BYOND account I was still using it. I eventually decided to switch to "Avack" because it sounded more unique and less Welsh.
Crazyabe is a name I've had for years and use for almost everything.
Johnny mac Blackeye is my usual name when I'm not a clown, it came about around the Scottish accent patch, and was made because I was starting to see a decent number of people with my previous name, John Smith show up.
Honky mac Clown came around because playing a Scottish clown seemed amusing, and because I wanted a mildly memorable name.
I stole it from a monkey
I came up with Edison Lootin on the spot. Edison is 100% stolen from Thomas Edison.
Readster was my childhood nickname and anything more than that is a bit too personal
Edit: more like my teen years really
Isaac Kirkhope was born out of necessity, I  threw it togethe pretty quick. 

“Isaac” came from Isaac Clark, from the Dead Space series.
“Kirkhope” is just Grant Kirkhope, a music and sound designer who worked on Banjo-Kazooie/Goldeneye and other Rareware games.
I’ve very rarely played as anyone else on Goon 2, I’m kinda attached to him. The only thing I’ve ever changed since I first played was to give him greyer hair. Poor blokes getting older.

On Goon 1 I’d spent ages cycling through names and characters. I finally settled on Dantooine after rewatching A New Hope, and Holly/Tess/Trevor just sounded nice when said aloud.

And Weavel is straight-up stolen from a bounty hunter in the Metroid series.
everyone here has their cool fancy name origins and i just kept my random generated name of "Cody Rose" frown
my username comes from the name of a geometric shape with the end cut off
Emma came from my name, and I picked Yorkshire because I had just been looking at cute videos of Yorkshire Terriers and I thought Emma Yorkshire was cool sounding.

Flaborized is literally gibberish.
Cherry came from lack of imagination and originality for the most part.
[Image: aFaFB7A.png]
Firebarrage is me in middle school trying to pick a badass name. 14 years later I'm still stuck with it because it makes it easy for people to find me, which is nice. 

Adrian Clarke is a random name from ss13. I've kept it forever and now don't want to change because then nobody would know who I am.

My AI name TI-84 is from everyone's favorite overpriced calculator.

My clown name is Bumbles. It is an old nickname my friend had. It was a perfect clown name too so I stole it.