Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Chiron FIX THIS SHIT Thread
Mining is still missing a refining nano-fab and the other, public access Nano-Crucible is still an Arc Smelter and still has no material processor (portable reclaimers are not a functional replacement) or nano-fabs of any kind (so, you're still going to the mining outpost as miner or any other job to make like, floor tiles or instruments).
[redakt]
The atmos around the research shuttle is wonky, causing research and the area around where the shuttle on the main sation to become very very hot, leading to mass scientist death.
There are no cryotubes, forcing me to have to actually work to get my op fullheal juice.
As of this post (until edited to say otherwise), please don't report weird access things, as the access stuff is a bit broken.

EDIT: Okay, access level resolution should be fixed again, so feel free to report weird access stuff as usual.
I am 90% sure that there is not currently an AI/silicon killswitch computer. For example/reference please see the killswitch computer south of AI upload in Cog1, or in the same room on Cog2.
the airbridge literally never has air on it, and is cold most of the time. theres a monkey that spawns on or near the airbridge that just dies like 5 minutes in on every round. the pressurize button doesnt fix the air either, but i'm not sure if that's what it's supposed to do
(04-11-2018, 01:23 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: the airbridge literally never has air on it, and is cold most of the time. theres a monkey that spawns on or near the airbridge that just dies like 5 minutes in on every round. the pressurize button doesnt fix the air either, but i'm not sure if that's what it's supposed to do

Fix the airbridge, put the monkey somewhere out in space near the airbridge so we can watch this long after the issue is fixed.
The tiny bit of maintenance below Pod Bay, to the left of the Bar, isn't technically maintenance. As such it doesn't prevent against radiation from rad storms.

Edit: It's possible some other areas aren't properly marked as maintenance either. Might be a good idea to just look through all the maintenance shafts to see if they're marked.

Also, one round when I was a clown (roundstart, not latejoin) I spawned in a window between two airlocks that lead to the Medical and Security departments (The 3 tile wide hallway branching out to the West from the Southern hall, just past the airbridge). All other rounds I spawned in my clown hole.

ALSO, SPEAKING OF THE CLOWN HOLE, it's poo and lacks some character. 3x3 isn't very interesting. Maybe have the clown hole look like a lazily cobbled together extension of maintenance that probably shouldn't meet regulation, maybe have an oil slick under the airlock, a cracked window to space with a broken grille, a broken light, whatever the mappers think would give it character. (also please, not 3x3, or at least put the merchant dude in the back corner if it remains 3x3)
There is only one toilet on the research station.

This could become an issue if motives are ever activated on Chiron.
(04-12-2018, 03:02 PM)aft2001 Wrote: The tiny bit of maintenance below Pod Bay, to the left of the Bar, isn't technically maintenance. As such it doesn't prevent against radiation from rad storms.

Edit: It's possible some other areas aren't properly marked as maintenance either. Might be a good idea to just look through all the maintenance shafts to see if they're marked.

Also, one round when I was a clown (roundstart, not latejoin) I spawned in a window between two airlocks that lead to the Medical and Security departments (The 3 tile wide hallway branching out to the West from the Southern hall, just past the airbridge). All other rounds I spawned in my clown hole.

ALSO, SPEAKING OF THE CLOWN HOLE, it's poo and lacks some character. 3x3 isn't very interesting. Maybe have the clown hole look like a lazily cobbled together extension of maintenance that probably shouldn't meet regulation, maybe have an oil slick under the airlock, a cracked window to space with a broken grille, a broken light, whatever the mappers think would give it character. (also please, not 3x3, or at least put the merchant dude in the back corner if it remains 3x3)

You weren't the first person to get jammed in the idiot box, I saw an engineer in there not too long ago. Might've started in there, too.
(04-12-2018, 03:02 PM)aft2001 Wrote: Also, one round when I was a clown (roundstart, not latejoin) I spawned in a window between two airlocks that lead to the Medical and Security departments (The 3 tile wide hallway branching out to the West from the Southern hall, just past the airbridge). All other rounds I spawned in my clown hole.
From what I can tell, that is one of the three Clown spawns on the map, which traps the poor clown who spawns in there unless (A) Someone walks past and gets flipped over by the clown, (B) The Clown manages to spawn with an item which can actually cause some damage, or © Someone takes pity on the clown and breaks him out.
I was part of a 2 man syndi squad who needed to place the nuke in EVA storage. We spent about 30 mintues killing crew and demanding they reveal to us where EVA storage is on the map. Does it exist?
(04-17-2018, 04:34 AM)Recusor Wrote: I was part of a 2 man syndi squad who needed to place the nuke in EVA storage. We spent about 30 mintues killing crew and demanding they reveal to us where EVA storage is on the map. Does it exist?

... doesn't look like it has one. RIP.
Layout fixes, with before and after images.

EVA addition (and associated area change)

[Image: N78m1b6.png]
The Chiron map ZIP file in the private thread has been updated, so you should be able to use the stuff from that for the table contents

Bar maintenance fix (adds new Inner Maintenance to the tiny zone down and left from the bar, to permit shelter from rad storms)

[Image: kvQIL5A.png]