Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PTL Redirection Mirrors / Prisms
(04-02-2018, 10:49 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 10:19 PM)LovelyMimic Wrote: I am vehemently opposed to any features that would make the PTL less hazardous.

This would make it more hazardous. It could shoot from anywhere!

Sorry, I was a little unclear! I was reacting to Frank_Stein's idea for plasma glass turning the beam harmless until it passes through another pane of plasma glass. The PTL is already only operational like 5% of the time, so I think something that trivializes the hazard to that extent would be no fun at all. That said, it's still a neat idea, and that and Frank's other proposed power crystal and polarized glass features might be really cool for like some kind of off-station puzzle or a dedicated station map.

(I'm OP, it would be pretty weird if I were vehemently opposing my own idea that I spent twenty minutes drawing)
Redirect the PTL into a meteor shield to supercharge it and shield the whole station.
(04-03-2018, 07:50 AM)LuigiThirty Wrote: Redirect the PTL into a meteor shield to supercharge it and shield EMAG  the whole station.
(04-02-2018, 10:19 PM)LovelyMimic Wrote: I am vehemently opposed to any features that would make the PTL less hazardous.

Would an aimable laser beam really be less hazardous though. Especially if you can move and build mirrors to turn the PTL into a giant air leak gun.
I figured plasma glass could have some kind of special property and hallway clearance made sense.

There's probably some other stuff you can do with that and the idea of altering the beam by having it pass through window lenses. Healing beams, teleportation beams, shrink/grow Ray beams whatever
Point the PTL beam into the middle of the engine to nuke the station
point the PTL into the clown to make him explode into crean pies and banana peels, spreading them all over the station. why isnt that a clown traitor item already
(04-03-2018, 01:57 PM)atomic1fire Wrote:

Would an aimable laser beam really be less hazardous though. Especially if you can move and build mirrors to turn the PTL into a giant air leak gun.

Like I said before, that objection wasn't aimed to the idea of PTL mirrors, or else I wouldn't be pitching them!
Standard NanoTrasen station walls are coated with a substance that entirely blocks PTL lasers from doing damage. If you want to shoot people with the laser, make your own damn hole.
Probably needs spriting. Telecrystals are reflective, is there a suitable metal for a "cheaper" reflector?
(08-14-2018, 06:36 PM)Kovirii Wrote: Probably needs spriting. Telecrystals are reflective, is there a suitable metal for a "cheaper" reflector?

Cobyl is vaguely silver-like enough to qualify as a reflective material too. That said, you could totally get all the other materials involved. For example, perhaps there could be a standard mirror, and adding certain nano-fab lenses could change the beam in ways several people previously described.

Might sprite some mirrors. Depends on how lazy or productive I'm feeling. Don't count on it though.
This would make power gloves a bit less worthwhile as engie traitor, as you could just redirect the PTL beam to do the firegibbing for you.
(09-11-2018, 02:42 PM)MrMagolor Wrote: This would make power gloves a bit less worthwhile as engie traitor, as you could just redirect the PTL beam to do the firegibbing for you.

Nothing could make the power gloves not worthwhile. Get a good hellwire going and you can instavape anyone you see (granted they don't have insulatedz). Heck, if you can drag around a monkey for an impromptu corpse explosion, or buy a gun, when those yellow gauntlets won't save them.

Shining a death ray down the hall can't come close to that unbelievable power.

Man the CE gets some badass toys.
Powergloves were seen pretty often before the switch to Cog2. The lack of wires in Cog2's hallways made em' a bit pointless and I think they're still effected by that stigma.

Hellburn-hotwire powergloves are top tier in terms of fun and mayhem caused.

Anyways, I still like PTL redirection. It has legitimate uses and also fun uses. Especially if we can set up our own reflectors.