Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PTL Redirection Mirrors / Prisms
[Image: 5SORCrC.png]

[Image: zI3BxSq.gif]
I wish all suggestions were presented this way.
This is delightful. I love it.
I'm not saying yes due to the presentation.

I'm saying yes because this is amazing.
Idea: Large power crystals throughout the station. Directing the beam to them charges them up, providing some kind of bonus

Maybe it negates the effects of events? Creates a completely breathable and comfortable temperature environment? Releases healing waves of energy?
You have talent, friend. I'm not sure what that talent is, but it's a thing.
(04-01-2018, 10:24 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Idea: Large power crystals throughout the station. Directing the beam to them charges them up, providing some kind of bonus

Maybe it negates the effects of events? Creates a completely breathable and comfortable temperature environment? Releases healing waves of energy?

Charges select SMES/APC faster or at a higher priority?
oh hey a 6 star thread
Your drawrings are technically perfect, as usual.
180 degree mirror back into ptl at max energy creates singularity
New idea: PTL as a defense against asteroids/meteors. Mirrors could be set up to allow it to defend all sides of a station depending on setup, so long as it is at a sufficient power it destroys incoming projectiles?
Y'know I've thought about this before and I didn't like it.

But seeing it like this has me convinced! Also, if it counts for anything, as the guy who drew the PTL, I support this suggestion.
Idea: Have plasma glass and glass made from crystals interact with the PTL when the beam travels through windows made from it

Crystal glass changes the color of the beam when it passes through a window made from it

Plasma glass inverts the beams color, while also making it harmless to pass through until it passes through another window of plasma glass
I am vehemently opposed to any features that would make the PTL less hazardous.
(04-02-2018, 10:19 PM)LovelyMimic Wrote: I am vehemently opposed to any features that would make the PTL less hazardous.

This would make it more hazardous. It could shoot from anywhere!
instead of shooting the meteors just have the mirrors reflect in a square around the station to prevent all meteors (and pods) from getting close