Mentor Application (Alec Ryan)
Usual Character Name: Alec Ryan
BYOND Username: InternetDweller
Recommended by (if applicable): Avak32, Drago156, Nnystyxx
Times Available: Typically 3:30PM - 11:00PM (CT)

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): When I first started playing (7/16/17), I would just go as a randomly named staff assistant, then get hammered at the bar. Eventually I started branching out, and playing more jobs. Probably after about two months, I took a long break. When I re-joined (1/2/18), I decided to play as Alec Ryan. I’ve done lots of my learning from then to now. But at this point, I feel that I have enough information in my arsenal, that I could teach a newbie all basic facets of the game, (along with some obscure stuff) and I believe that I have the patience to do.

The main reason why I’m applying for mentor, is because I want to give back to the community I love so much. Being a mentor would provide me a great opportunity to give new people a good impression of Goon, possibly making them return! It would also let me help teach those who already know the basics, but have questions about specific mechanics. Overall, I could just be a more helpful guy.

I would say that I’m a jack-of-all trades, when it come to game knowledge. My most knowledge being in security, packets, and chemistry; and my least knowledge being in toxins, pathology, and running the engine. With security, (most of the time) I can wrangle up the bad guys, but I never try to go too harsh on them. Also, I usually give them tips on how to not get caught next time  smilie with a protruding tongue . With packets, I can do some pretty fast hacking, however, I am still not familiar with dwaine scripting. And finally, with chemistry, I can make some dirty chems pretty quick, and I know some (one) secret chem. I haven’t dabbled much in toxins, starting the engine, nor pathology, but I know the basic concepts.

In summary, I want to help mentor the a new generation of players!

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): None, but I have been given a couple of warnings.
He's good and I think he knows his stuff. Yes.
He seems like a pretty knowledgeable nerd and I trust him with not metagaming with any info he may gain from mentorhelps. He also seems to be fluent with robust skills and most security matters, which is a bonus! Alec is a seriously good player and always seems to be helping people. I vote DEFINITELY YES!
Purple=true
If I can be a mentor than this guy can too. I'm pretty sure he knows more than me anyways.
A name I recognize as a solid player. Yes from me.
Super nice, pretty robust and I trust the names that recommended him for mentor. I'm voting yes. If you keep playing security then I'll think you'll make a great HoS down the line as well.
(04-02-2018, 07:17 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: Super nice, pretty robust and I trust the names that recommended him for mentor. I'm voting yes. If you keep playing security then I'll think you'll make a great HoS down the line as well.
I already am! They separated the mentor and HoS apps wink
Dude's a solid HoS. Would make a solid mentor.
yes. this sentence is here to meet the minimum post length limit.
he is good hos, mentor he
Deserves purple
(04-02-2018, 08:35 AM)InternetDweller Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 07:17 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: Super nice, pretty robust and I trust the names that recommended him for mentor. I'm voting yes. If you keep playing security then I'll think you'll make a great HoS down the line as well.
I already am! They separated the mentor and HoS apps wink

My bad then!