Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long range janitor
If a janitor starts mopping a tile and then runs away it still gets finished mopping???
guys this is a major problem the janitor griff me pls help
the janitor is a level 10 space wizard, He is a master in the arts of cleaning.
this is actually indicative of a deeper problem that also lets buddies start trying to cuff you(after flashing you while you're wearing sunglasses or something), then you move away(many, many tiles away), slide back, hit them once and you're cuffed. there's probably a few other minor problems caused by this but i'm a little drunk + can';t remember any.

basically i think the game is just checking that whatever(floor, your fat ugly hands, etc) is being targeted is in a square next to whatever is doing the targeting at the start and end of the action and not any time inbetween
CaptainBravo Wrote:this is actually indicative of a deeper problem that also lets buddies start trying to cuff you(after flashing you while you're wearing sunglasses or something), then you move away(many, many tiles away), slide back, hit them once and you're cuffed. there's probably a few other minor problems caused by this but i'm a little drunk + can';t remember any.

basically i think the game is just checking that whatever(floor, your fat ugly hands, etc) is being targeted is in a square next to whatever is doing the targeting at the start and end of the action and not any time inbetween

A lot of things actually don't care if you are actually next to them/actually able to use them in order to use them. They each require individual fixes and it's pretty goofy.
An outline of most of the timed actions:
1) You start doing the action.
2) The game waits a preset period of time.
3) The game sanity checks if you are in the same state as when you started the action - same hand selected, still standing, object is still in that hand, still in the same place, immediately stop if something doesn't add up.
4) The action is performed.

Clumsy coding resulted in #3 not being performed in some cases. These are individual cases.