Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reagent Producing Pathogens [New Path Symptom]
I swear this is the last one for tonight.

This sets up a system for easily adding symptoms that produce a certain reagent within the host's body.

It is easily expandable and editable, requiring only four lines per new symptom.

Current reagents implemented:
pure love
rajaijah
synaptizine
reversium
swedium
essence of elvis
glitter
itching powder
diluted fliptonium

Compare:
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...es:patch-4

Diff:
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...tch-4.diff

Patch:
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...ch-4.patch
oh christ, a rajaijah pathogen?
double berserker disease

oh god fuck imagine that SPREADING
it would bring the station to its knees almost instantly, which is why i absolutely want to, no, HAVE TO see it
Uhhh noah
Can you dedicate a patch exclusively to positive symptoms after this? You know, to balance out all of the deathmurdersymptoms you are making.
(03-31-2018, 12:40 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Uhhh noah
Can you dedicate a patch exclusively to positive symptoms after this? You know, to balance out all of the deathmurdersymptoms you are making.

I keep trying, but every time I try to write something beneficial, it winds up killing people instead. Mysterious happenings!

i mean, the expandable range of reagent diseases means it wouldnt be hard at all to make diseases for omni, epi, meth (lol), synth, etc
(04-01-2018, 01:57 AM)cyberTripping Wrote:

i mean, the expandable range of reagent diseases means it wouldnt be hard at all to make diseases for omni, epi, meth (lol), synth, etc

Synthflesh wouldn't actually be useful in this case since it needs to be applied topically to have any effect.
(04-05-2018, 08:20 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 01:57 AM)cyberTripping Wrote:

Synthflesh wouldn't actually be useful in this case since it needs to be applied topically to have any effect.

Damn, i avoided saying styptic because i knew that was contact only, and then i chose another contact chem! Oh well, my point still stands.
I love this one from a medical standpoint, both positive and negative. If it ever becomes a "most chems can show up" situation, it would be entertaining to see in action.

Penetic acid, omnizine, charcoal are good positive examples
Calomel would be annoying as hell to get (due to health damage and never being able to use stimulants for their full duration)
Styptic, silver sulf are negative examples (due to toxin damage on injest)
if these pathogens become strong enough, your bleed ticks should emit those reagents instead of blood