Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Preach to everybody about your favorite not Goonstation game
(08-24-2018, 09:01 AM)Salami Sam Wrote:
(08-22-2018, 08:56 AM)DarkStar Wrote: And ZZT...I could go on for pages about ZZT. On the surface it's halfway between a roguelike and a RPG with graphics that were obsolete when it was released. But the because Tim Sweeney chose to include a fully-functional level editor in the shareware version, he enabled an entire generation of creativity with the simplicity of its object-oriented programming language. Every possible kind of fangame from shooters to actual RPG games to comedies was made, nearly all of which blew away the ones released by Epic Megagames. The community is still going after *over two and a half decades*, and someone just acquired the license to remake the game.

I LOVED ZZT back in it's day. Started many, many different projects but rarely finished any. There were a bunch of really creative and fun games made over the years. You can even play 'em online now. #endgame

I personally put up a torrent of the absolute best of the best, I'll pm you the link when I'm home. Come check out our small but still going community at zzt.org!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Preach to everybody about your favorite not Goonstation game - by DarkStar - 08-24-2018, 10:39 AM