Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Preach to everybody about your favorite not Goonstation game
Aladdin for the Sega Genesis holds a special place in my heart as it is the ONLY console game I beat solo, start to finish, on the original hardware. With about 8 of my siblings/cousins watching. We ran around celebrating like it was Christmas come early. God I miss those days.

I have a whole slew of Sonic games I still adore from the older days when they weren't crapware. The OST's from PC Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic Racer have been in my music collection for literally half my life.

The Space Quest series (and its sister series Quest for Glory) are literally as fun if not more to LOSE as they are to win. The former especially is practically the living incarnation of "have a nice death!" complete with suitably gruesome pictures and snarky messages though Q4G isn't far behind. I can't count the times I've laughed myself sick over intentionally dying in a stupid manner.

And ZZT...I could go on for pages about ZZT. On the surface it's halfway between a roguelike and a RPG with graphics that were obsolete when it was released. But the because Tim Sweeney chose to include a fully-functional level editor in the shareware version, he enabled an entire generation of creativity with the simplicity of its object-oriented programming language. Every possible kind of fangame from shooters to actual RPG games to comedies was made, nearly all of which blew away the ones released by Epic Megagames. The community is still going after *over two and a half decades*, and someone just acquired the license to remake the game.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Preach to everybody about your favorite not Goonstation game - by DarkStar - 08-22-2018, 08:56 AM