Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Preach to everybody about your favorite not Goonstation game
Been playing through HL1 again, holds up well to this day, no mods needed (Other than subtitles, the voice audio is kinda shitty)
im suddenly getting back into minecraft. say what you will but it's always been a pretty solid game
(04-19-2018, 03:51 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Did you play the old RC-Tycoon games? Is it comparable/better in terms of mechanics? I'm always looking for good management and simulation games that won't fry my potato. Usually to wind up sad when they take out the management or dumb down the simulation.

Yes, and this is a very good attempt at a remake. It is still in early access and the campaign has not been released but in terms of mechanics it is right there with RCT1/2. Their latest sneak peek teased more staff management options. It is only $20 and I've already put 75+ hours into it. Very well worth it in my opinion. Check out some streams or youtube videos if you are on the fence.

I actually enjoy it more than Planet Coaster.
(04-22-2018, 07:52 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Been playing through HL1 again, holds up well to this day, no mods needed (Other than subtitles, the voice audio is kinda shitty)

The sanctioned fan remake, Black Mesa is pretty fucking great ngl
Is "The sanctioned fan remake," it's subtitle? I never hear anyone mention it without using that phrase first, I've seen some gameplay and it looks good mostly because you can gib stuff with a blue toolbox
(04-25-2018, 02:15 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Is "The sanctioned fan remake," it's subtitle? I never hear anyone mention it without using that phrase first, I've seen some gameplay and it looks good mostly because you can gib stuff with a blue toolbox

It is literally just Half Life except it looks like it was made recently, the controls have been tightened up a bit and they cut out the more egregious parts of "On a rail"

They haven't got Xen yet, but that's because they're trying to rework to be uh... not shit. It plays, really, really well though.
Quote:Spy Party
Attention: I have bought a copy of Spy Party and it is amazing. If you'd like to play, feel free to add me on steam. My name is Weepin' Leland.
Help
BlackPhoenix got me readdicted to Stardew Valley
I tried getting back into Stardew with a buddy using the coop mode but i was sad that the quests were tracked independently
I didn't like SDV until I started treating it like a rousing game of pimp my farm.

It's like how I treated every sims game ever like a house building simulator. Ack! I should't've said that. It's causing my Sims 2.5 PTSD to flare up.
I found Tales of Maj Eyal on Steam on sale and got all the DLC. Very interesting Roguelike with strong character creation and interesting classes. Visuals across the board are lacking, but lots of depth:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/25968...f_MajEyal/
(05-10-2018, 04:10 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: It's like how I treated every sims game ever like a house building simulator. Ack! I should't've said that. It's causing my Sims 2.5 PTSD to flare up.

Ah, this thought must be why I went back to Sims 3. Game still runs like shit, especially with the story progression mods. Still, it's fun to completely fuck Sims up. Horribly murdering Sims like some sort'a Final Destination ripoff is giving me warm and fuzzy feelings of playing The OG Sims. Still not comparable to getting assassinated by your possessed, seductive, clubfooted, inbred horse-child tho.

Grimm and frostbitten
recently i've been playing lots of rainbow six siege. i think wonkmin or wirewraith does too but ive heard they live in bongland and so the ping might be too much. if anyone here plays, id love to have more people to play with

hmu readster so we can play HotS
1. Define here

2. What platform
'here' as on this website.

and PC