Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Preach to everybody about your favorite not Goonstation game
Heart 
I figure everyone's had that moment where you went and bugged one of your buddies about trying some game you're obsessed with so in an attempt to save what's left of their sanity I ask you to post your favorite games here, doesn't have to be niche or anything, just has to be something you enjoy

Ill kick it off with Ravenfield and Starbound, Ravenfield being like Battlefield but single player with as many bots as your PC can handle and HEAVY mod support to the point that it's considered a feature despite pretty much any PC game worth it's money having it anyways. Starbound is Terraria but with space and slightly better everything
Neat. The other thread(s) are kinda dated.

Starsector - 2d strategy+arcade space game with lots of mods and explosions. Great fun.

Cbig grinDA - Zombie survival roguelike - my favorite roguelike. Destructible environments. Build-your-own-deathmobile. More goofy, less serious. Lots of mayhem. So many hours.

A nu cheeki breeki iv damke.
blackwake is cool. you are on a ship and you shoot cannons at other ships until your ship or their ship goes away. 54 player servers with 3 ships per side combined with the ability to grapple enemy ships in order to initiate a ship vs ship deathmatch with muskets and cutlasses makes for a pretty engaging experience

it's in early access on steam (still worth it though)
I've been playing the SHIT out of the Streets of Rogue.

You're part of a resistance that's kind of angry with the mayor doing literally the exact opposite of what he said he wouldn't do.  You're sent on a suici-, uh...I mean...Assassination mission to get the mayor out of the government and maybe someone less shitty.

The main strength of the game is the various characters you can play that change your play style completely, as well as the different ways you can tackle missions.  Person have something you need For a mission?  You can bribe him, threaten him, or maybe even befriend him somehow and ask for the item.  Or straight up murder him.  That works too.

Characters include Police, Thieves, Two flavors of gang members, Hackers, Werewolves, Zombies, Comedians, Wrestlers, Slave masters, Vampires, and You!  Yes, your own custom character!

Also it has co-op so that's a thing.
Hunt: Showdown. You and a partner trek through infested turn-of-the-century Louisiana swamplands to claim bounties placed on otherworldly abominations. Here's the catch - other bounty hunters are competing for the same target, and will kill you on sight. Gorgeous game, GREAT soundscapes. Stealthy multiplayer combat that ends in shenanigans as you try to get the drop on unsuspecting players, whilst they try to do the same to you. Plus zombies.

Night In The Woods. Cozy adventure game. Quirky cat drops out of college and returns to her decaying small town. Bound across power-lines and rooftops in a swirl of autumn leaves and relaxing soundtracks. Mysteries. A feel good experience.

Nuclear Throne. Fast-paced action game in which you die countless numbers of times, over and over. A challenging but balanced experience - guns feel powerful, and various characters and abilities keep it interesting.
Gangbeasts: Colorful meaty blobs clumsily wrestling in high risk environments
Not my favourite, but I’m super dug in to Elite: Dangerous. Think Star Citizen, but with gameplay!

Any Xbox players would be welcome to fly around aimlessly with me!
Will do
[Image: 6zk12cx2b6ez.jpg]
Buy Yakuza 0.
Im loving Sea of Thieves. There's legitimate criticism about there not being enough to do, but its a happy merger between an MMO grind, fun and potentially rewarding PvP and fun interactions with people. Do the trial before spending $60 though, it might not be for everyone. Last night I spent like 4 hours solo sailing and had a blast.
Human Fall Flat (co-op).

It's like SS13 except goofier.
In relation to shotgunbill's comment I've been trying out Heretic lately, having a blast with it so far
Been playing Gregtech: New Horizons in Minecraft for the last few months. It's a super hard tech progression modpack for ultracore turbonerds. Progressed pretty far in it myself, then I accidentally nuked myself back to the stoneage. Whoops.
(04-03-2018, 08:52 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Been playing Gregtech: New Horizons in Minecraft for the last few months. It's a super hard tech progression modpack for ultracore turbonerds. Progressed pretty far in it myself, then I accidentally nuked myself back to the stoneage. Whoops.

RIP. I still need to get around to building a rocket in my world to reach the moon
EVE Online is a great game with space ships and massive space dongers that you can fly in and destroy other ships with Toots

[Image: WnVPnGv.jpg]
[Image: C5thI06.png]