Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
The Goonstation Book of World Records
(11-10-2019, 09:44 PM)Firebarrage Wrote: Time records will not be added because lag and map are too much of a factor.

Im a bit confused about the singulo one. It says "power network"? Can someone who knows more about the singulo post what exactly that means

when you hit a power cable with a multitool or T Ray Scanner you get a readout of how much power is in the line. since singulo doesn't have a display like the TEG does, you have to check the wire directly to see how much power is being produced
(11-10-2019, 11:35 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 09:44 PM)Firebarrage Wrote: Time records will not be added because lag and map are too much of a factor.

Im a bit confused about the singulo one. It says "power network"? Can someone who knows more about the singulo post what exactly that means

when you hit a power cable with a multitool or T Ray Scanner you get a readout of how much power is in the line. since singulo doesn't have a display like the TEG does, you have to check the wire directly to see how much power is being produced

You can actually hit the radiation collectors with an atmospheric analyzer (???) to see how much power they collect.

Lag I can maybe understand, but map? Yeah, some maps you may have an advantage or may not be able to do a time record for a particular thing at all, but I don't see a difference between "Oh if I want to break the record I can't do it on this map" vs "Oh I can't break the tetris or slots record because I got murdered by a csaber man." Both are pretty much random luck. At least with the "wrong" map you won't waste round time. As far as lag goes I don't think I've ever had lag affect any of my runs.

Anyways, while I am disappointed with your decision, I guess it's your list and there's not a lot of point to me arguing about it.
Non-RP Server (the two servers should probably have separated records for this)

Emily Claire // UrsulaMajor

Largest single-dump point increase into the Afterlife Thing (103998)

ALSO

Largest single round point increase into the Afterlife Thing from a single contributor (178704)

Stephanie Mir and Drago Kitterson witnessed, but did not help.

[Image: unknown.png]

Drago Kitterson + Emily Claire

Largest single round contribution to the Afterlife thing from a team (183011)

[Image: unknown.png]
Round end credits held by singleplayer:

Screenshots below, had to screenshot chat because BYOND doesn't show tooltips.

https://imgur.com/a/lakueTK

(12-27-2019, 07:50 AM)tasteslikewall Wrote: Round end credits held by singleplayer:

Screenshots below, had to screenshot chat because BYOND doesn't show tooltips.

https://imgur.com/a/lakueTK

Nevermind... Someone else looks to have had 6 million before I did this. frown

Maybe most cash grown in botany in a single round?
Largest single round point increase into the Afterlife Thing from a single contributor (284907)
[Image: 43cc49b7e7815285ce5a4926f437c166.png]
Highest medal count: [Image: nvN39zU.png]
I believe I've set the record for most uninterrupted Jones pets [Image: 6gNRyiB.png]
(02-27-2020, 10:28 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: I believe I've set the record for most uninterrupted Jones pets [Image: 6gNRyiB.png]
I will try so hard to beat it now.
beat it solely by one, I want the torch pass to be fast and continuous
[Image: buWfY5Q.png]

Scrubbo did pet Jones more often! smile

Oh........Scrubbo broke the record twice!

[Image: I2G02U6.png]
Photo 
[Image: W3d7QMT.jpg]

Someone probably has me beat, but I haven't seen any records posted, so...

Highest Geothermal Power Output: 117.674 MW
Most Hotspots Stacked Together: 5