Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make cloning records disks contain an actual file
The way it currently stands is that you can put cloning records onto a disk. While you can then put that disk into a compatible computer with a floppy disk drive, it will show up as empty. This completely killed my dream to put my DNA on the mainframe so I could live in the wires.
I'd like to suggest that the information for the purpose of cloning be stored on a file on the disk, rather than as an inherent quality of the disk item (which is how I assume it works). Then, we could store the file wherever we wanted, swap the files on disks, upload our records to our PDAs in the hope we could be cloned from it but then watch as nobody can figure out how to get stuff from a PDA cartridge to a floppy disk, etc.
take all the crew's records and put them on a rad data vault in a hidden file somewhere on the mainframe
this idea is great
Next up, let us splice together multiple scans and make a super-fucked mixtape of frankensteinien madness.

Jay Horsepills
Throarvardr Dervardrardson
Manne Love

The horror. Minor warning. Kinda high again.
changing file name changes the scan name
do it now!!

cloning people as "buttsfart mcgee" would be fantastic
(03-25-2018, 07:08 PM)Triacontakai Wrote: cloning people as "buttsfart mcgee" would be fantastic
Could you take DNA code files and upload them into a synthetic brain and make borgs that way?
It would be really entertaining if people could hexedit the dna files to create superpowered clones.
we should let players use varedit on clone scans
(03-29-2018, 02:50 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: we should let players use varedit on clone scans

terrifying
(03-29-2018, 02:50 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: we should let players use varedit on clone scans