Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What keeps you coming back to Goon?
(03-24-2018, 02:01 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Autism.
I love the people, the unique responses to shit going on each round. The different stories we all make together each round.

That and all the lore and secret stuff hidden in the game itself, the work behind making all that to in some cases still not be uncovered astounds me
(03-25-2018, 09:04 AM)robertGN Wrote: It's the goon community mostly, for me. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love some of the ideas and features in other servers, but I can't get around some of the toxicity and drama I hear from the other codebases.

Yeah, though there's the occasional idiot who tries to perform surgery in their second round for the most part we have far feweh actual jerks than other servers tend to
>Lack of massive amounts of Racism
>Lack of annoyingly stiff RP rules
>General community
>The fact that we have decent coders
>Lack of lag...
The list goes on for my reasons to use goon.
it's me I'm the reason.
(03-25-2018, 04:05 PM)Readster Wrote: it's me I'm the reason.

Its him hes the reason
and here I thought they were a raisin. Maybe a raisin book!

I will say that chillmins are a big factor. It took time to get here, but I really like em' now. Other servers it feels like I'm walkin into reddit, 4chan, or a PnP game that DM. Not quite sure if that connects with the last statement, but my brain ain't so well right now so okay go.
Again, I want a prescription of whatever you're on
Those special moments when I connect with the person trying to safe my life with a salute, flip or fart. Those other special moments when I am choking the life out of a nemesis-of-the-round and that final fuck you gets gasped out. Unexpected dance parties in Centcom or the radio station when magical raccoons and space birds chill with you and voices in your head tell you to murder everyone. It just KEEPS GIVING.
Bees.
(03-26-2018, 06:16 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Again, I want a prescription of whatever you're on

Lol. Ambien is all it is. It and carisoprodol screw me up far more than average. I'm oddly weak to some drugs and highly resistant to others. Hence why I've had to take so many different kinds over the years, I guess. Ah well, occasional PUIs are better than being on a 24/36-10/12 up-down schedule.

[Image: b64.gif]
vitatroll's avatar is perfectly selected.
:downs:
the variety and community. almost every round is different and pretty wild, and certain people spice up every round they're in (dexter grifflez, tumany cooks, throrvardr whatshisface, etc).

i say that but ive been physically unable to play for like a year now probably. very sad. i miss the craziness
What keeps me coming back is that there's always something you want to try... like find a new mutation or litterally go into How's office with self biomass manipulation and get stuck, only to get killed. Plus, no round is ever the same. You can play for YEARS but no matter what... no 2 rounds can ever be the same.