Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Polymorphism ideas
I always felt like one or both of these things should be possible:

1. People with Primal Genetics being able to copy monkeys

2. Weakened Polymorphism only copying name, and that would work on monkeys regardless

There might be more ideas, so feel free to regard this as a "hub thread" for polymorphism.
High powered copies skin AND clothes sprites
Weakened should turn you into one of those Almost X things with one arm and fucked up skin.
I kinda feel like there should be a way to turn back into your orginal self, either as an always present option or something that happens itself over time.

Being able to turn into mobs and critters would be fun too
(03-21-2018, 12:47 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I kinda feel like there should be a way to turn back into your orginal self, either as an always present option or something that happens itself over time.

+1
Quote:I kinda feel like there should be a way to turn back into your orginal self, either as an always present option or something that happens itself over time.
+1

Mimicking people over radio is fun and all but sometimes you just gotta be you.
(03-21-2018, 12:47 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I kinda feel like there should be a way to turn back into your orginal self, either as an always present option or something that happens itself over time.

Would be neato if the transformation was more gradual too, like blending the names and features at one stage.
(03-21-2018, 03:06 PM)Superlagg Wrote:

Would be neato if the transformation was more gradual too, like blending the names and features at one stage.

In general it might be neat to have a couple variations.

Slow polymorphism: This changes you over time, which makes it completely useless for hiding but a bit more harmless.

UNSTABLE POLYMORPHISM: You change involuntarily, and at random. 

Advanced Polymorphism: Due to some sort of mad and/or questionable alchemy, you can now retain past polymorphs including your original shape. Don't be surprised if people confuse you for a changeling. I don't know how someone would unlock this.
(03-24-2018, 06:52 AM)atomic1fire Wrote: Advanced Polymorphism: Due to some sort of mad and/or questionable alchemy, you can now retain past polymorphs including your original shape. Don't be surprised if people confuse you for a changeling. I don't know how someone would unlock this.
maybe self biomass manipulation + polymorph?
(03-24-2018, 06:52 AM)atomic1fire Wrote:
(03-21-2018, 03:06 PM)Superlagg Wrote:

In general it might be neat to have a couple variations.

Slow polymorphism: This changes you over time, which makes it completely useless for hiding but a bit more harmless.

UNSTABLE POLYMORPHISM: You change involuntarily, and at random. 

Advanced Polymorphism: Due to some sort of mad and/or questionable alchemy, you can now retain past polymorphs including your original shape. Don't be surprised if people confuse you for a changeling. I don't know how someone would unlock this.

Maybe attaching chromosomes?
Quote:Maybe attaching chromosomes?

Replacing the Camoflaguer and Weakener chromosomes with Destabilizer (doubles stability penalty but also acts as a combination of energizer, power booster, and synchronizer) and Function Booster (unlocks hidden effects) chromosomes could be a good ways of going about this (I think).
The best things you could do with some wacky biomass and polymorph thing would be in no particular order -
Turning into a living object for a short period of time.
Turning into a critter for a short period of time
Turning into yourself (why isn't this a thing already?).
Fucking up and turning into a failed clone - better find a genetics machine fast.
Fucking up and turning into a harmless critter that destroys your brain in the process.
Fucking up and becoming trapped inside an object forever, only able to bemoan your fate.
Fucking up and turning into a misspelled version of yourself.
Fucking up and turning into a randomly generated character, like you were injected with dna scrambler.