Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make being a mining borg suck a bit less.
The mining borgs tools are kind of terrible.  Maybe upgrading the laser to a pick so it's less shit and making bags attachable and detachable?

Also borgs still have to click the rock.
(05-05-2018, 04:35 PM)Technature Wrote: Maybe upgrading the laser to a pick so it's less shit

Lasers are a straight upgrade to picks.

Did you mean power hammers or something?
(05-05-2018, 05:05 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 04:35 PM)Technature Wrote: Maybe upgrading the laser to a pick so it's less shit

Are they?

I always seem to break down more with the pick, while lasers tend to not do anything...
(05-05-2018, 05:11 PM)Technature Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 05:05 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

Are they?

I always seem to break down more with the pick, while lasers tend to not do anything...

That might be a bug since lasers are meant to be a step above a powered pick but a step below a powered power hammer.
Tech might be thinking of the fancy not-really-new-anymore-but-still-WIP materials mining tools, which operate differently than the standard mining tools, and pickaxes are objectively the best of the new tools.
I mean, they oughta have the best tools available being machines purpose built for mining, right?
Especially considering their tools can't be upgraded, it seems reasonable to me.
I say just give them a power hammer that takes power from their internal cell. And maybe one of those pod plasma cutter things.
Allowing borgs to be upgraded makes sense.