Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
[FEATURE] Jet Injectors
Hey, me again. This time, we have a new medical tool, the jet injector. 

[Image: CPkHZ1f.gif]
[Image: OyZZOpD.gif]

Jet injectors are reloadable, cartridge-based chem applicators. They take proprietary injection cartridges, which come preloaded with 40 units of chemicals and cannot be refilled. 

[Image: 78hXAJq.png]

[Image: btrZQfX.png]

The chemicals are related to the contents of similarly-colored first aid kits. 

Red: Mannitol
Pink: Salicylic Acid
Yellow: Menthol
Green: Charcoal
Purple: Mutadone
Blue: Salbutamol

[Image: 0XXBOAe.png]
[Image: hzsgi2j.png]

Jet injectors are fully functional, and have been tested in-game. This patch implements:

- Jet injectors are added to code
- Injector cartridges are added to code
- Jet injector kit is added to code (a custom-sticker box with a jet injector and one of each cartridge)

PR
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...s?expand=1
Unsure if it should be noted, but yellow and pink to me are silver sulf and styptic powder respectively rather than menthol and salicylic acid.
This an injection-based tool, and silver sulfadiazine and styptic powder deal toxin damage and don't heal very much when injected.

Instead, salicylic acid and menthol are used because they both heal small amounts of brute and burn (respectively) while in the bloodstream.
How about a rainbow colored cart for illegal drugs?
+1 to this patch, I support it wholeheartedly.
Suggestion that more cartridges be orderable via QM and that spare guns either be orderable or manufacturable.

One concern: having these in a sticker box seems a bit cumbersome to use. Why not a standard box?
When I said "custom sticker" I just meant I made a new label icon for the (otherwise normal) box they come in
(03-16-2018, 11:17 AM)CameronWoof Wrote: When I said "custom sticker" I just meant I made a new label icon for the (otherwise normal) box they come in

o ok that is much more fine then
I rescind my previous, and here-unwritten, idea of saline-glucose cartridges: that means the injector doesn't take away from the IV drips in that regard.
They seem like longer lasting emergency injectors. Do they inject it all at once or is there a mechanism to change the injection amount?
Also nice sprites.
They do ten-unit injections, so each cartridge is a four-shot clip.

And thank you!
I agree with Tombi that these seem like emergency auto-injectors

Is there a special uniqueness about these that will prevent one from eclipsing the other?
(03-23-2018, 02:14 PM)Prichard Wrote: I agree with Tombi that these seem like emergency auto-injectors

Is there a special uniqueness about these that will prevent one from eclipsing the other?

Mostly, storage efficiency on the part of Jet Injectors (one space is 40u of chemical) and variety on the part of auto-injectors. They're good sidegrades for one another, but you'll always want (for example) an epinephrine or saline auto-injector on-hand.
Idea: make these compatible with implants as well
Idea: Ranged version.
(03-16-2018, 10:21 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: How about a rainbow colored cart for illegal drugs?

+1