Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Radio Station Host
Seeing as how the radio station was revamped recently I think a WHITELISTED job should be added that spawns on the radio station and has a special ability when interacting with the mixer that lets them use the admin Play-Music verb.
You should have to apply in the same manner as HoS or mentor here on the forums.  Playing offensive sounds/earrape or disrupting rounds on regular basis should be grounds for permanent removal from the whitelist and maybe a ban depending on the nature of the offense.  Music would be stoppable with the stop-the-music verb as normal and should an enterprising player desire to stop the music for good they would simply have to blow up the mixer.
The way I've always imagined this working is having good players/well known radio hosts using the pray command to get access to the DJ buttons.

This is an already reasonably well defined process and it assures an admin will be around to keep watch, since they need to be there to grant the buttons.
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=197995&d=1402666153]

Have it so that If an Admin is around then you can pray to them for music access, allowing you to play songs from: Your PDA, a board on the Radio station, probably a seperate window, etc.

If you don't fuck up for a while you can apply for Radio Host + access that automatically gets you DJ access, being a douche regularly (Decided by players shouting that the music is too shitty and the admins agreeing frequently) will be removed from the white list and not be allowed to apply for a few weeks.

Or just let people play it as Radio Host regularly then job ban them if people Ahelp the guy frequently (for good reason, say playing excessive earape at inappropriate moments or playing political/religious tracks to spark controversy)
or just stick with the pray for music but allow people to be whitelisted to play from a list of songs on a cooldown, but anyone who prays and is accepted can play anything. problem with pray only is when there are no admins around but you wanna do music
i want to play dumb videogame music that isn't space, like sunless sea

for when it is Wet
i will never not play sandstorm
(03-15-2018, 02:36 PM)poland spring Wrote: i will never not play sandstorm

Doodledoodleoo doodleoodleoo doodle doodle doodleoodleedee deedlee eedlee dee doodleoodleoodledoodledee doodleoodledee...