Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Hot rooms cause the buffer's tank to evaporate
I drove through a hellburn on a full floor buffer. At a certain point, a whole bunch of steam appeared around the buffer and the tank was empty. Presumably the buffer's tank got heated to the point that the water turned to steam. Is that intended?
feature
if this is feature, the buffer might function as an artbeaker smoke nade
(03-13-2018, 11:59 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: if this is feature, the buffer might function as an artbeaker smoke nade

exactly!
(03-16-2018, 07:46 AM)Triacontakai Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 11:59 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: if this is feature, the buffer might function as an artbeaker smoke nade

exactly!

this deserves a test. fill the tank with smokepowder and drive into the combustion chamber
these are the sort of side effects that organically emerge from a well designed atmospherics system. they're great! they're fun as hell and they really give the game depth. i mean nobody sat down and specifically programmed that behavior, nobody knew that'd happen, and that's cool

it's an example of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergence
I would say feature, but then I think, wouldn't the heat plus a presumably closed tank of liquid cause a build up of pressure within the buffer?
It used to happen with cigarettes. Not sure about now.
i am authoritatively declaring this as a feature unless it is causing some bizzare behavior not yet mentioned. i'll leave the thread open though because it's a fun topic to explore.