Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trivial Music Volume in commands tab does nothing?
I have set this to trivial as it may end up being a "you're an idiot"

With the advent of the Radio station especially, I really enjoy alot of the music that we have in the game, including admin shenanigans, but its just so loud! The Alter Music Volume option does absolutely nothing for me. Is there something in my BYOND client I need to change, or is it an old server side issue? I find my only option is to set my mixer volume down which also prevent me from hearing other in game audio cues.

Help appreciated
Oh, yeah, this is my fault. I put the radio music on a separate channel, so Alter Music Volume probably doesn't do anything. I'll fix that soon. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

edit: Though, AMV should work for admin music. Is that the case, or is it completely borked?
Unfortunately I'm having this problem with both admin music and radio station music. Its been an issue for me since I started playing a couple of years ago, but honestly never something that has been enough of a problem for me to do anything about. If its any assistance I think that this has happened on two different computers that I've had BYOND installed on as well.

Just to make my issue clearer as well, if I click the button it opens a field where I can set an integer, but whatever number I enter the volume does not change at all, louder or softer.
IIRC, this might be because changing the music volume only affects the volume of future music, but not whatever's currently playing. As far as I'm aware, the only way to change the volume of music while it's playing is on the user's end, with, say, the Windows volume mixer or something along those lines.
You know Avack as I posted this, that possibility crossed my mind. With other games etc im used to the difference immediately, maybe though it simply adjusts the volume for the next audio file played? My followup question would then be if this is something I should do every time I join the server, set music volume to 10 or something.
Upon further inspection, apparently I already added an Alter Radio Volume button, but forgot about it. So nevermind!

You can change your music and radio volumes in your character setup. So as long as you save, those settings should persist.
I was completely unaware of the character setup volume option and with that changed down to 10 all is well in the world. Many thanks for your help, and congrats on outfoxing yourself with the Radio volume feature big grin
Also it's worth noting that I'm pretty sure admins can play songs at full volume even if you have your volume set to 0, but it's very rare
(03-13-2018, 11:08 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: Also it's worth noting that I'm pretty sure admins can play songs at full volume even if you have your volume set to 0, but it's very rare

You WILL listen to a 100% volume, 0.25 speed clip of Owen Wilson saying 'wow' and you WILL like it.
Also another music-related issue: For some reason the radio ads are based off of your admin music volume instead of your radio volume.
Yep, that's intended. Hufflaw and Readster's voices are obviously music to your ears.
(03-14-2018, 09:45 AM)Wire Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 11:08 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: Also it's worth noting that I'm pretty sure admins can play songs at full volume even if you have your volume set to 0, but it's very rare

You WILL listen to a 100% volume, 0.25 speed clip of Owen Wilson saying 'wow' and you WILL like it.

Ya know, I actually probably will! Wow!