Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Butchered Ferminds Yield Chitin
Maybe say 57-75% of the time.  It's the right type of animal, and it gets another interesting to work with material out there where it's more realistically obtainable.

Currently they yield (can't remember which) either weird or gross meat.
This is a good idea, but there are so many fermids in debris that it would make getting chitin a bit trivial. Maybe a better way of going about it would a way of using the
fermid
chem in an infuser to make chitin from, say, viscerite or something. Then again, the rarity of starstone is as such that it might be a bit impractical compared to just heating miracle matter.
There really aren't too many fermids in the debris field
Dunmer Hate Him

Goonstation N'wahs have discovered a revolutionary new chitin builder... >Read More

Sorry, I'm slowly becoming a spambot. I like ideas that increase availability for most things. One day when we have custom hearts, I would love to mass produce hearts of chitin, inscribe 1+1=0 on them, and give one to everyone on the station. That way everyone would have a lyin, chitin heart.
(03-17-2018, 10:48 AM)MrMagolor Wrote: This is a good idea, but there are so many fermids in debris that it would make getting chitin a bit trivial. Maybe a better way of going about it would a way of using the
fermid
chem in an infuser to make chitin from, say, viscerite or something. Then again, the rarity of starstone is as such that it might be a bit impractical compared to just heating miracle matter.

This isn't possible. That chem
reacts rather violently on creation