Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I leave Goonstation?
(03-16-2018, 04:32 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: 5:Remain positive even in the most frustrating situations
Add a sixth one: Don't snark at people
no
It's up to you, if you're burned out, sure.

I may have only visited this forum four times the past few years, but I think I saw you a few times in-game.
I don't think anyone should feel pressured to leave though, if you want to leave you should to it because its what you feel is best, if you were really such a negative factor in the community you wouldn't be asking about what you could change in yourself.

I don't even know why I'm adding this, I really have no idea of the goings-on of Goon, but it's just my two cents.
(03-18-2018, 08:23 PM)Sebro Wrote: It's up to you, if you're burned out, sure.

I may have only visited this forum four times the past few years, but I think I saw you a few times in-game.
I don't think anyone should feel pressured to leave though, if you want to leave you should to it because its what you feel is best, if you were really such a negative factor in the community you wouldn't be asking about what you could change in yourself.

I am adding this because on this wholesome forum I know all ideas are welcome and appreciated including mine

Bam, this right here. Thread closed
You were one of the biggest factors for my continued play at this game, as well as playing a job as grueling and non-rewarding as Security. For all of the flack you seem to receive, I've always believed that you express your opinions not to intentionally upset or anger people, but just because you have an unpalatable way of explaining your ideas.

Lots of your most substantial posts can sometimes boil down to, "tl;dr: fuck this idea," because you are very passionate about the state that the game is in right now. That passion and fire in your posts only reflects that you shouldn't leave the game; you're far too involved in it to just give up.

Being around for so long, you've seen a lot change and happen and thus you're wholly entitled to your opinions. Don't let people pressure you into dulling you down into an opinionless husk, instead work on how you communicate. It's funny to see your real attitude reflect on your approach to Security: take no risks, tolerate no bullshit. But that attitude makes people think you're just bitter and angry at everything and non-receptive to any change.

So the point of this post is that you should just work on how you talk and speak, and explain your opinions in more depth than a long essay that amounts to, "I don't like it." You wanting to change your attitude means that you aren't inherently shitty and rude, you just need to practice how you speak.

So don't leave the community or the game! Independent of your attitude on the forum, why would you sacrifice playing as well? You shouldn't leave and let Security be, for the most part, a dead and unplayed department.
(03-20-2018, 12:23 PM)quiltyquilty Wrote: You were one of the biggest factors for my continued play at this game, as well as playing a job as grueling and non-rewarding as Security. For all of the flack you seem to receive, I've always believed that you express your opinions not to intentionally upset or anger people, but just because you have an unpalatable way of explaining your ideas.

Lots of your most substantial posts can sometimes boil down to, "tl;dr: fuck this idea," because you are very passionate about the state that the game is in right now. That passion and fire in your posts only reflects that you shouldn't leave the game; you're far too involved in it to just give up.

Being around for so long, you've seen a lot change and happen and thus you're wholly entitled to your opinions. Don't let people pressure you into dulling you down into an opinionless husk, instead work on how you communicate. It's funny to see your real attitude reflect on your approach to Security: take no risks, tolerate no bullshit. But that attitude makes people think you're just bitter and angry at everything and non-receptive to any change.

So the point of this post is that you should just work on how you talk and speak, and explain your opinions in more depth than a long essay that amounts to, "I don't like it." You wanting to change your attitude means that you aren't inherently shitty and rude, you just need to practice how you speak.

So don't leave the community or the game! Independent of your attitude on the forum, why would you sacrifice playing as well? You shouldn't leave and let Security be, for the most part, a dead and unplayed department.

This! Close the thread, we're done here