Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give AI 'Intercom' commands panel
So the AI gets three intercoms in its core that it can set to various frequencies and use to talk to/listen in on the crew in more indirect ways that just using the public radio. I think that's cool! But it's also a really big hassle to do it quickly, because you have to change cameras back to the core in order to interact with the intercoms.

I think it'd be useful if the AI had a commands tab in which it could have 2 buttons for each of the 3 wall-mounted intercoms. Each intercom would have a microphone on/off toggle and an adjust frequency button that would bring up the frequency changer window. (It would be even better if the 'adjust frequency' button displayed that radio's current frequency without having to click on it!)

If that's too much to ask for, then maybe just one button for each radio that will bring up the panel for that radio. Also, the window might need to be changed to update even if you are not looking at the intercom itself; I'm not sure if it does that.
Use the cancel camera view to return to the Ai core.
Easy peasy, problem solved. No need to waste time making a 5th tab..
Tteckk Wrote:Use the cancel camera view to return to the Ai core.
Easy peasy, problem solved. No need to waste time making a 5th tab..
Even that gets super annoying when you're repeatedly having to switch between a private frequency and the public one. Canceling camera view each time you need to switch mics gets really frustrating!

I like this idea. A button just to make it so you can open up the mic windows even when you're not looking at them would be great.