Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aurora Belt Changes and Suggestions!
The Aurora belt is a newly added item for the CE (Huzzah!), and probably has some kinks that may need to be worked out or someone might have an idea for it's improvement, and here is the thread to put those suggestions in!

let me start off with the first suggestion of this thread.

Maybe lengthening the time that the belt is active will make it more useful for actual combat scenarios where the CE may be getting jumped or there are nukies.
it would be really cool if there was a "low power" setting for the forcefield where it only has the 100% heat and cold resist and lasts much longer, I'd like the belt way more (and i already like it a fair bit) if it was a semi-viable alternative to bulky space/firesuits
(03-08-2018, 06:13 PM)ProfessorHugedix Wrote: it would be really cool if there was a "low power" setting for the forcefield where it only has the 100% heat and cold resist and lasts much longer, I'd like the belt way more (and i already like it a fair bit) if it was a semi-viable alternative to bulky space/firesuits

Rather than switching modes, I'd like if it just used up more power the more use it was getting.

So having it on in a safe environment is very low power, while wearing it in extreme temperatures increases the usage depending on how much damage it's negating.

Blocking damage from attacks should have the highest individual drain.
Hi!
Since I'm simultaneously being asked to reduce the duration and increase it (and various other conflicting things), i'll wait a bit and see how things settle.
That being said, i always appreciate input and i'll keep it in mind when the next changes come.

Having the drain be dependant on whats going on is certainly possible but would require a very significant amount of work and re-modeling.
I have not fiddled with this item myself but if im understanding it right, a good way to go about it might just be to have a base drain + a drain based on damaged blocked, IE instead of applying the damage to your character it drains the charge, with multipliers/extra drain dependant on damage type IE burn damage might cause drain at a 2:1 charge damage ratio, which remains significant due to most environmental sources applying this damage constantly while brute damage could have a 4/5:1 ratio, while not blocking toxin and oxygen damage.
I personally believe it should be kept as-is considering how this item can end up in anyone's hands, not just the CE.