Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Make lockers possible to open without the right ID
Would really like it if you could hack into lockers or possibly blow them open or something, can't say how many times I've been right next to some life saving miracle inside of a locker or a crate but couldn't get it due to restrictions. Would make breaking into the Armory as a Ling actually worth the trouble instead of just getting a gas can and some goggles.
you can, through packet magic

get to wiki'n
(03-08-2018, 12:58 AM)cyberTripping Wrote: you can, through packet magic

get to wiki'n

I thought you needed the special id you get from
calling the escape shuttle
to open lockers.
(03-08-2018, 03:13 AM)Tombi Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 12:58 AM)cyberTripping Wrote: you can, through packet magic

get to wiki'n

I thought you needed the special id you get from
to open lockers.

In my experience, 90% of the time you can just ask over the radio for the special id you get from
and someone will probably have it and be willing to give it up
there's more ways to get the whatsit as well
yeah, if you have the know-how you can get equipped to hack open lockers in less than 2-3 minutes after round start
You can also get the headpass from recalling buddies, which only requires you to spoof su access. No need to keep most of this stuff obscure.

I explained how to in a post a long time ago. I was in a mood though, so my posts come off as 127% more autistic than usual. [Egh] [packet search]

Anyways, that was before the leak. Now you can just look shit up Github.
can't you blow up lockers with bombs? a good pipe bomb should be enough, but the stuff inside can catch on fire
(03-08-2018, 06:50 AM)ProfessorHugedix Wrote: can't you blow up lockers with bombs? a good pipe bomb should be enough, but the stuff inside can catch on fire
Nah, lockers have obscenely high health, enough that a bomb won,t break em
Make it so that if you use a welder with harm intent on a locker, you start welding the door off? Would take a long time without any interruptions, and you'd need eye protection, as well as at least 10 units of welding fuel, and the door would spawn as an object, so it would be an easy crime to spot.
(03-08-2018, 10:37 AM)MrMagolor Wrote: Make it so that if you use a welder with harm intent on a locker, you start welding the door off? Would take a long time without any interruptions, and you'd need eye protection, as well as at least 10 units of welding fuel, and the door would spawn as an object, so it would be an easy crime to spot.

1. this sounds like it would horribly backfire due to turds breaking into the armory almost every round once the station is in chaos to loot everything
2. like my objection to the ai spying stuff, wireless packets are cool and good and need more practical applications, not even less
(03-08-2018, 10:56 AM)cyberTripping Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 10:37 AM)MrMagolor Wrote: Make it so that if you use a welder with harm intent on a locker, you start welding the door off? Would take a long time without any interruptions, and you'd need eye protection, as well as at least 10 units of welding fuel, and the door would spawn as an object, so it would be an easy crime to spot.

1. this sounds like it would horribly backfire due to turds breaking into the armory almost every round once the station is in chaos to loot everything
2. like my objection to the ai spying stuff, wireless packets are cool and good and need more practical applications, not even less

I think that could work for SOME lockers, but right now a lot of stuff relies on not everyone knowing how to break into those
(03-08-2018, 11:08 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 10:56 AM)cyberTripping Wrote:

I think that could work for SOME lockers, but right now a lot of stuff relies on not everyone knowing how to break into those

make "reinforced lockers" that can't be torched into. 
bingo bango.
as said above, feature exists