Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Radio say and limb targeting WASD-mode hotkeys
Lightbulb 
Diff

I've got here two WASD-mode hotkey changes in one.

1) Radio say hotkey, set to Y. This say input is similar to using ; in the regular say box. This'll reduce the amount of time and fumbling needed to shout LING by eliminating the need for the ; key.

2) Limb targeting hotkeys. The numpad keys are used for changing the limb you are targeting. 8 is the head, 5 is the chest, 4/6 are the arms, and 1/3 are the legs.

As far as I'm aware these shouldn't write over existing hotkeys for WASD-mode.
I could see myself getting some use out of those limb hotkeys.
Y is pretty close to T, I can see the possibility of someone accidently hitting Y instead of T and saying evil stuffs over radio. Maybe change it so the radio hotkey is something a little further away?
due to how our movement system was changed, this patch would require some porting
Triacontakai: My intent was to have it next to T, like how some games have the team chat key next to the regular chat key (Y and U in CS/TF2). However I'm totally open to other key ideas since I probably won't be the only person using it v. Y was also unbound, so it seemed like a divine match.

ZeWaka: Is there anything I can do for that, or does this need a coder with the time/motivation to port it?
(03-06-2018, 01:39 PM)DietingĀ Hippo Wrote: ZeWaka: Is there anything I can do for that, or does this need a coder with the time/motivation to port it?

Yeah it would be a coder thing I think. Should be relatively easy though, stuff was just moved around and formatted differently iirc. I'll check this blocker out when I get home.