Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloning upgrades
Cloning is a pretty cool feature, and I think it would be fun to spice it up a bit. There is already a necroscan module, so why not add a few more that have various effects?

- Advanced DNA Analysis module: Allows for cloning with nothing more than a blood sample. Hopefully, this also motivates traitors to clean up crime scenes.
- Cloning speed module: Clones come out twice as fast, but uses the same amount of biomatter.
- Cloning efficiency module: Cloning takes 50% less biomatter.

More questionable, but I think these would still be fun
- Mind control module (traitor geneticist only - 12TC): All clones made at this cloning station have their mental pathways remapped to be mindslaved to someone. This upgrade would need an incredibly obvious sprite - setting up a hidden genetics lab somewhere would be nearly required to do this.
- Clean Slate module: Anyone cloned at this machine has their memories wiped. Upon cloning they see a pop up telling them that they remember nothing of their past life. If they were a traitor they are now a normal crewmember. I like this idea as a way to keep people in the game even if they get killed as a traitor. Should also have some funny RP implications. 

Post your thoughts and any other modules you think might be fun!
I like this, I'm curious though, the mindslave one in particular, how the traitor would put it in, how it may be countered, and if the cloner would have any identifying qualities to show it has been compromised either in the UI or the sprite itself. Would the geneticist be able to 'upload' a default order before putting the module in and can any of these additional modules be removed with tools?

I would hate to be doing my job as normal, only instead of pooping out normal crew from the cloner, I'm unknowingly creating mindslaves.
The way I imagine it, you would use the module on the cloning tank itself. It would get some crazy evil looking scienceamajigger attached to it, which is almost certainly not just a colander with some wires and light bulbs glued to it.

To counter, just use a screwdriver on it to take the cloneslaver off, then toss into the nearest crusher or deep fryer.

Identification will be via sprite.

No default orders. It works exactly like current mindslaves do.

Should the modules be removable with tools? Sure why not.

There is no way you would be using this as a geneticist without knowing it. It would be an incredibly loud and obvious thing.
Hehe I'm surprised you took the time to answer my question vomit, thank you

It'd be funny if it had alternating lights on occasion, just idly switching from one color to the next
(03-05-2018, 12:52 PM)Eibel Wrote: Hehe I'm surprised you took the time to answer my question vomit, thank you

It'd be funny if it had alternating lights on occasion, just idly switching from one color to the next

I had to read this 4 times before I realized you weren't calling Firebarrage 'vomit'.
(03-05-2018, 12:54 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 12:52 PM)Eibel Wrote: Hehe I'm surprised you took the time to answer my question vomit, thank you

I had to read this 4 times before I realized you weren't calling Firebarrage 'vomit'.

Can confirm, am actually a sentient pile of vomit