Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerfing revolutionary "spawning"
I am sure that any topic regarding "balance" is a hotly debated one and a generally bad idea, but:

I'm sure everyone can agree that revs is basically the worst type of round; even with more sec players lately, I haven't ever seen a revs round end with a win for the "loyalists". It's basically just the revs running around hitting people and flashing them, and the cap/other heads getting quickly killed, resulting in a generally not fun time for all.

So here's my idea:

Make revs happen only when these two conditions are met (however, if these seem a little extreme, feel free to share your own ideas):

1. Only happens on a latejoin head (once there is at least 1 latejoin head rev, latejoining normals have a chance of being a rev "reinforcement)

2.  There is at least 1 sec officer and the HoS is alive.

These are, at least, my thoughts: If I'm wrong, feel free to state why.
I generally have no troubles taking care of revs when I'm HoP, I rarely see them actually win and overpower the heads and sec, as we generally band together instantly and get sec gear distributed and get loyalty implants out pretty quick, but any time I'm a rev head or non-head personnel, I see revs winning.

Honestly I think rev is just fine, it's just so rarely played that people really don't know how to adjust to it and properly deal with the situations presented by rev.
I distinctly recall a round Drago, where the resident pacifist spawned as the only head.

And I got to watch three rev heads hungrily break down the glass to my medical office in clarion.

I had no chance in hell.
Maybe nerfing the spawns isn't the problem though, perhaps its not having enough heads of staff that is the problem
Yeah I think Rev is actually pretty balanced right now when the heads + security team is decently filled. I came pretty close to pulling it back last night from a basically 100% converted crew. The problem is not a lot of people play as the heads or security, which tends to result in one sided facerolls.
Honestly, I think the best thing is to semiforce heads each round (Random person in each department is made head, so if you pick doctor you could get Medical Director)

Then force a full head staff during Rev

Sec should force fill based on server population, going with a roughly 1:10 ratio for Sec to non Sec
(03-06-2018, 08:07 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Honestly, I think the best thing is to semiforce heads each round (Random person in each department is made head, so if you pick doctor you could get Medical Director)

Sec should force fill based on server population, going with a roughly 1:10 ratio for Sec to non Sec

this solution keeps coming up in various threads and it's still the best one probably. 

besides, if you're the only engineer on the entire station, by what godforesaken measure are you not the *head* engineer?
(03-06-2018, 08:18 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 08:07 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Honestly, I think the best thing is to semiforce heads each round (Random person in each department is made head, so if you pick doctor you could get Medical Director)

this solution keeps coming up in various threads and it's still the best one probably. 

besides, if you're the only engineer on the entire station, by what godforesaken measure are you not the *head* engineer?

The captain doesn't trust you to not RCD the station a new one.
(03-06-2018, 11:13 PM)Technature Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 08:18 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:

The captain doesn't trust you to not RCD the station a new one.
Sure, but as the only engineer in engineering, who's going to even see you break into the CE's office? 
The only difference between a CE and a lone Engie is 30 seconds and one less functioning door on station Z

Being forced into a head role would result in metagaming if that only happens during rev rounds. I'd rather only have rev rounds if there's enough heads at start, or if they were forced for other round types as well.