Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Chem] Dragon's breath firegib
My suggestion is to make firegibbing have a telltale sign. Some ideas such as:
  • have all clothes drop to the ground and gain a "singed" prefix
  • some kind of after-effect on the ash itself (have it glow redhot)
  • give the ash it's owner's name "Tombi Tokuro's Ashes"
When you firegib you only leave a inconspicuous pile of ash behind. This removes most evidence of a murder (unless there are witnesses). Other secret deadly chems make it obvious - initrobeedril makes a heart bee, freeze leaves a statue - please, oh please, make firegib do something more indicative.

EDIT: patch thread
if they have any cyborg limbs/organs they should be left behind on the floor
getting Dbreath'd is VERY NOTICEABLE by the one injected with it, Dbreath isn't necessarily hard to make but it takes some time for large quantities, and the victim generally will go running around to medbay/medical staff before turning to ash in front of them, though I agree with the clothes singing thing, cause it makes no sense for clothes and shit on you to burn up with your body when the chems are only present in your body.
This thread was probably made in response to a round yesterday where I killed the entire station with 40u Dragon's Breath patches I made with an artbeaker. Since the time it takes to gib varies directly with the amount you use, 40u means you get stunning/muting effects almost instantly and you typically die within 10-15 seconds after the patch is applied.
I'm getting borg hellpatch flashbacks.
(03-04-2018, 01:27 PM)awfulworldkid Wrote: This thread was probably made in response to a round yesterday where I killed the entire station with 40u Dragon's Breath patches I made with an artbeaker.
It is. I died within 3 seconds. A fine deathmix good sir.
Honestly, I think just having all their clothes drop to the floor would work just fine. Assuming it would be possible for a well-prepared or dedicated traitor to remove the ashes (which would most likely be possible with ClF3 if nothing else), it provides the same amount of indication as to the identity of the dead, and as there will still be a nameless pile of ashes it provides the same clue as to how the murder was committed.

It would also prevent the sort of stalemate that occurs when all of the Head-level IDs have become ash, the AI is dead or nonexistent, and the few remaining players are too busy hiding or running away to use programming magic to call the shuttle, despite there being enough of them left not to trigger an auto call.
I like this just for the singed clothing. I think this should just happen if you get to the max burning sprite anyway.
(03-05-2018, 08:50 AM)awfulworldkid Wrote: Assuming it would be possible for a well-prepared or dedicated traitor to remove the ashes (which would most likely be possible with ClF3 if nothing else)

Why not just fluorosulfuric?
Does fluoro already always delete items on the tile it's poured on? I was not aware of that.
You can get rid of ash piles just by clicking them with an empty hand last i checked. Alternatively you can just scoop it up in a beaker. Both work.
Note: you can flush out all the Dragon's Breath in your system with a sip of milk, or Freeze with chocolate.
shit, Flourish, is that a hint about Freeze's recipe!?!?
oh fuck i dont think we ever tried milk. milk makes spicy be no
It's just getting milk in time that's a problem to be honest, every time I'm hit with dbreath, its a huge amount and i have enough time to scan myself, resign to my fate and yell out "DBREATH" before I'm dust in the ducts