Mentor Application: h3half
Usual Character Name: Kurt Ambrose

BYOND Username: H3half

Recommended by (if applicable): Not Applicable

Times Available: Right now, about 7:00-10:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6:00). This window will widen soon. Weekends are hit-or-miss, but mostly hit at the moment.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): I've been playing SS13 since early 2010. Back then I was a little shithead, and got banned quite a bit. By March I had gotten myself a three-month ban, and I just stopped playing until the end of summer. I picked the game back up after that, and was (in my opinion) a considerably better player after the long hiatus. Since then I've played just about every role imaginable (besides Wizard, I could never ever get Wizard) and haven't had any major run-ins with admins at all.

A memorable moment for me would be one time I was a syndicate operative. My whole team was killed in a head-on attack about ten minutes in, so I was the only one left. Securing the door PDA (and making sure I knew the code to detonate the bomb, I set out to assume my deep cover. Using my chameleon jumpsuit and voice-changing mask, I stole a space suit from EVA (much less suspicious than with just the voice-changer) and hopped off into space. I made some Thermite and broke into the Armory to discover that someone had left the lockers unlocked. Whether the HoS's ID was stolen or he was just incompetent I will never know, but I succeeded in getting an egun. Now armed and dangerous, I jetted around space for a while, cutting cameras because I could and overall just being a nasty Cindy Cat. Eventually the crew got bored of blowing each other up (a miner set a trail of that explosive ore around the top half of the station and offed himself, then got banned) and started clamoring for the shuttle to be called. The Captain went into space to fix the Comms Dish (I guess no Engineers were alive?) and I ambushed him there. Stunned him, unloaded a full clip of Lethal, took off his oxygen, grabbed the disk, and spaced the body. The whole "fight" was over in about ten seconds. I zoomed off to the Syndicate Shuttle to put in the code, set the timer for one second, and won. And that's the story of how I ruined the station. (352 words)

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): While the movies were great, Donkey was really the shining star. Between his oh-so-witty remarks, his steamy-dragon-love scenes, and the way he complimented Shrek as a side-kick character; Donkey was head and shoulders above Shrek. And Shrek was cool too, I guess.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): I have a long and storied ban history. Currently, I am banned from Engineer, Electrician, Captain, and Head of Personnel on Gibbed #3. This is from when I made awful laws and then walled in Escape as the Head of Personnel once. I've griefed people, stolen things, and been a general pain over OOC (which should tell you how long ago all of this was).
I'd recommend successfully appealing those bans my man. Otherwise, you seem alright, but having bans up really limits your capabilities.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:I'd recommend successfully appealing those bans my man. Otherwise, you seem alright, but having bans up really limits your capabilities.
I did once or twice, but I don't really care about the bans. They're like reminders to not play like shit. And I never really go on G3 anymore; playing on a server where you kind of know the people is more fun, and G4 happens to be that place for me.

I would link to the un-answered appeal, but it was many moons ago on the old forum.

I just want to help new people learn the game, because it sounds like fun while being rewarding at the same time.
Ok I am just wondering about your bans. Mainly, do you think you have enough experience in the jobs you were banned in that you could give advice to people who would ask about them?
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:Ok I am just wondering about your bans. Mainly, do you think you have enough experience in the jobs you were banned in that you could give advice to people who would ask about them?
I absolutely think so. As an engineer I can take apart an r-wall in 60 seconds flat, hack a door in three clicks, and build rooms like nobody's business. Electrician is a pretty self-explanatory role (scan items, make disk/frame, add, solder, deploy). Captain and HoP are a bit more important, but I've had more than my fair share of shifts as Captain.

Those jobs are my favorite, which is why I migrated servers instead of staying on G3. I know a ton about most game mechanics (besides cooking, that stuff is an enigma to me in space and irl).

(Also just to be clear those bans are only for G3, not G4)
Here's how I see you post.
" I'm applying for mentor because I had one really good syndicate operative."
MrMaples Wrote:Here's how I see you post.
This is definitely not the case. I'm applying because helping new players learn the game sounds like a ton of fun, and also helpful to everyone as a whole. The Syndicate story was only there because it shows that I understand a variety of game mechanics, and because I needed something to fill the word requirement.
fuck this post
Anyway h3half has been around for a while & knows what he's on about, mentor is not a SRS APPLICATION POSITION and I don't know why it's being treated as such, imo it's for old hats to help out newbies so why not give it to him?
He seems to know what he's talking about and should be a good Mentor.
Yes
I could probably get those jobbans lifted if I put in an appeal. Would this help assuage any doubts?
h3half Wrote:I could probably get those jobbans lifted if I put in an appeal. Would this help assuage any doubts?
Couldn't hurt, and honestly if those aren't something that give damning evidence that would be brought up in an unban appeal, I'm in support of you based on the app.
Finally got around to getting those job bans lifted.

http://autisticpowers.info/ss13/forum/vi...?f=2&t=166

Also some more feedback and a definitive yes/no would be nice.
h3half Wrote:
This is definitely not the case. I'm applying because helping new players learn the game sounds like a ton of fun, and also helpful to everyone as a whole. The Syndicate story was only there because it shows that I understand a variety of game mechanics, and because I needed something to fill the word requirement.

I see what you mean, You have my yes.
Ok.