Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Science Teleporter Preview
Some way to preview where the science teleporter is pointing once you've "cracked the code" so to speak, at the expense of a high energy drain (like leaving a portal open) would be cool

thought about this due to the teleporter manager basically being a required tool, so why not just try to integrate it in a gameplay friendly way
You can just send the Helmet cam over with no one wearing it and use your camera monitor to look at it.
How about some kind of scope that when in use, shows up as a kind of glow tile thing? So you know they're targeting you
In the past, as the AI, I'd want to play with the teleporter, but I didn't have a GPS! So, I'd hop in my shell and teleport it, then cross reference the destination with its tile in the teleport manager. Took longer and relied on the destination being somewhere distinct but it got the job done.
(03-03-2018, 02:07 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: thought about this due to the teleporter manager basically being a required tool, so why not just try to integrate it in a gameplay friendly way
I really think this is the crux of this argument. Might be my opinion when it comes to game design, but having to rely on outside sources, like secondary program or the wiki, means the system is a little too clunky and unfriendly to users
Not a Telesci user at the moment but I'm pretty sure if Tele-Sci was more user friendly we'd be fucked harder than an North-African mother with bad genes, though I do agree with the idea of adding a glowing tile to where the porter is targeting, perhaps you need to wear a special set of Tele-sci glasses and doesn't show up on ship. Also give AI GPS access, maybe from their PDA

Hufflaw's note: I have read this post and determined the joke was really awkward and poorly thought out. "Wisecrack34" indeed!
(03-07-2018, 11:40 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: [...] fucked harder than an North-African mother with bad genes [...]

...what?
(03-07-2018, 11:53 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 11:40 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: [...] fucked harder than an North-African mother with bad genes [...]

...what?

I may have went overboard on my euphemism

Like a drunken pirate with edema