Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Implant: Loyalty Implant
Essentially, the idea is another implant that can be produced in robotics. Its function would be to give an otherwise human player the three laws that the cyborgs and AI obey.

The idea is basically to give security and the officers a tool to enforce a captured traitor's loyalty without having to kill them and stuff them in a cyborg body. Some people respond to this by just going braindead, which is sometimes justifiable because doing what you want to in order to have fun might be harder or impossible as a cyborg.

Of course if you're pissed at not murdering people, this might not be a helpful addition at all.

It should however be something that can be dug out in surgery, and shouldn't be used on people who aren't confirmed traitors.
fuck you pigs
No.
Piss off.
Anticheese Wrote:Piss off.
Marquesas Wrote:No.
Diabl0658 Wrote:fuck you pigs
lol let me explain to you why this is a bad idea.
Some people choose to be borged, asimovs law's are a small drawback, but can be interesting from a different perspective as you are in this big robust body. Another thing would be that these laws can be changed, and you have all these fancy tools to demonstrate how much your laws have changed. You could also be emagged, or better yet, you could be super fortunate and put into a syndicate suit.
Forcing a human to follow asimovs laws, you can't punch/throw/stun another player, even for self-defense. You'd more than likely get targeted by some vigilante asshole and you'd just have to sit there and take the abuse. You'd be right in some people going braindead, this fate is worse than death. A horrible boring existance only to be killed by some half-brain scrub.

I feel like the sentiment behind all of this is that you wish that there's a better way of dealing with traitors than killing them. Well.. yes, there is. There's tons of different ways;
Put the traitor on the prison station, set alloted time, see if he can get back to the station with a hypospray of leprodazine and an oxytank.
Tag the traitor with a tracking implant, set the teleporter to him, then teleport to him every once and a while to be like an orwellian bastard watchdog.
Shove the stripped traitor in solitary for 5 minutes with 10 amusing ducks and watch him slowly crack

Don't do this, this is unfun and uncreative.
Maybe as a funny traitor item, but I'd be terrified if a normal robotisist had access to these.
I made a similar suggestion like this some time ago on the previous board. It was a bit better received.
Instead of an implant it was a brainwash helmet sort of deal.
And instead of the AI laws, it was a sentence or few sentences that would be set via some computer.
The helmet would be card locked to security or head IDs. When wearing the helmet it would say that this helmet is really uncomfortable, giving you some incentive to remove the helmet if you come across an ID that lets you do that.
It could also be reprogrammed if someone messed with the computer. Probably also emaggable to erase the message, give it a new random message or unlocking it.
And it would be better if only the HoS/captain had access to it and not the roboticist.

Ideally whoever is in charge of putting the helmet on a captured traitor would go to the computer and write in something like "Your loyalty lies with Nanotransen." And that should be enough for the traitor to not act like a traitor anymore, but still have a high chance of being able to return to traitoring.
Either by finding an ID, getting emagged, or a fellow traitor putting his own agenda in the brainwash computer. The computer of course being off limits to the AI.
And lets say the helmet also ran on batteries to add another way for the traitor to snap out of it.
As unfunny it might seem to force a traitor into obedience, it could lead to situations where people see the helmet and put trust in you and your rewritten loyalty before you do terrible things to them.
This is goddamn awful.
Sundance Wrote:I feel like the sentiment behind all of this is that you wish that there's a better way of dealing with traitors than killing them.

Pretty much, and thanks for explaining yourself rather than just getting hostile.

I actually usually don't play security (I'm not really great at it), but whenever I end up as Captain or HoP, I always end up getting dragged away from whatever I was doing by need of pursuing people trying to murder other people.

I had a round before I made this post where we decided to borg some traitors who got caught really early, because at least one of them was of the type that was too dangerous to let roam unsupervised, and all of them had been caught trying to go on a murder spree of some kind.

I do think that this is a pretty dangerous idea because I figure that somebody would get implanted for NO reason, and I came up with it at two in the morning to begin with.

I'll try some of your ideas in the future, though. Thanks.
Klayboxx Wrote:Maybe as a funny traitor item, but I'd be terrified if a normal robotisist had access to these.
Yeah I thought this idea was pretty fucking bad but as a traitor item I think they'd be hilarious
Dauntasa Wrote:
Klayboxx Wrote:Maybe as a funny traitor item, but I'd be terrified if a normal robotisist had access to these.
Yeah I thought this idea was pretty fucking bad but as a traitor item I think they'd be hilarious

Actually, I agree, especially because then you could randomly get this in surplus crates and then you'd have a 2 in 3 chance of being rude with an unmarked implanter in it.
As a traitor item for 2 telecrystals, only for the Roboticist.

Means he'll potentially have 5 worker-bee humanbots, but they're neither enslaved to him or obligated to obey him. A cheaper, less-effective alternative to both the mindslave and the syndiborg suit.
This idea needs buffing.

First, make it to where they get an extra law -- "No fun allowed." If the player that has this law has any fun at all, they gib and are permabanned from all gibbed servers.

Second, It should have infinite uses, cost 1 mauxite to make, and be made instantly in any fabricator, including general, mining, and robotics.

Finally, using it on someone should give you admin powers.

I think this idea is better now.
Weavel Wrote:As a traitor item for 2 telecrystals, only for the Roboticist.

Means he'll potentially have 5 worker-bee humanbots, but they're neither enslaved to him or obligated to obey him. A cheaper, less-effective alternative to both the mindslave and the syndiborg suit.
Well, it shouldn't make them follow the Roboticist, but they should have to follow whatever AI laws have been set, meaning that any traitor Roboticist worth his salt could get himself 5 mindslaves instead of 3. The upshot is they'd have no set expiry time, and the downside is that if someone manages to reset the AI, or turn it against you, then suddenly either your little army disbands or you find yourself on the wrong side of brutal mob justice.
Dauntasa Wrote:
Weavel Wrote:As a traitor item for 2 telecrystals, only for the Roboticist.

Well, it shouldn't make them follow the Roboticist, but they should have to follow whatever AI laws have been set, meaning that any traitor Roboticist worth his salt could get himself 5 mindslaves instead of 3. The upshot is they'd have no set expiry time, and the downside is that if someone manages to reset the AI, or turn it against you, then suddenly either your little army disbands or you find yourself on the wrong side of brutal mob justice.
this version of the idea seems workable and kinda funny.

"THE HUMANS ARE ROUGE"