Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Give the CE something to defend themselves with
(03-03-2018, 03:22 AM)Tombi Wrote:
(03-02-2018, 07:59 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: My idea to let the CE hold their own in combat

That's not really what heads are for (bar HoS and Captain).

Personally, I agree with Tombi on this point. Combat should be the domain of security.
(03-03-2018, 01:32 AM)poland spring Wrote: a really big wrench

or... a boomerang wrench (boomerwrench)?
[Image: jKHOMPo.png]
(03-04-2018, 11:32 AM)Arborinus Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 01:32 AM)poland spring Wrote: a really big wrench

or... a boomerang wrench (boomerwrench)?
[Image: jKHOMPo.png]

That is the wrench from ratchet and clank.
I still really, REALLY like the idea of some sort of special outwear for a CE if anyone REALLY wants them to have a unique item.

Something that can handle heat AND cold would be a god damn godsend in the engine.
(03-04-2018, 12:29 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: I still really, REALLY like the idea of some sort of special outwear for a CE if anyone REALLY wants them to have a unique item.

Something that can handle heat AND cold would be a god damn godsend in the engine.

That's really why I think the RCD is their thing. CE is all about building, repairing, and maintaining. The RCD is a non-offensive tool that lends itself thematically to the duties of the CE. If they get any new tools, it should be something that lands within their purview.

Some Kind of armored, temperature proof mech suit sounds nice to me. Their own little HEV suit
ok, I have to change my stance a little bit, maybe give them something similar to the stun gloves, that at least allows the CE to stun someone long enough to take off 1 item, because I played CE on a nuke round earlier, and I had taken down some walls exposing a pathway to the nukies, I had stunned one of the nukies with my gloves, and wasn't able to take 1 item off of them before they ran away, and they were NOT on the effects of a syndie donk.
I'll try ... a thing.

EDIT: Thing is being tried. We'll see if this is good enough for the moment or not.
the thing is cool and I like it
What is this thing?
I am happy with this solution!
(03-05-2018, 07:41 AM)Faceplant Wrote: What is this thing?

Some sort of snazzy forcefield in a utility belt, like something from Batman. I haven't seen too much of it since I don't do much engieing, but it seems to protect the user from Bad Stuff like being punched upside the head. I would wager that it's also a firesuit/space suit combo, given the suggestions in this thread.
Unless it's changed since last night (as it's likely to do because new items get tweaked.) It's a belt slot item that can be activated to protect you from 80% of incoming melee attacks. It currently lasts 20 seconds-ish and recharges in 35-ish. Though the numbers will change, i'm sure.
It's 25% block when it's off.
When on it's 80% block, 100% cold and heat resistance and 4 ranged armor. smile

Like gannets said, things are likely to be shifted around and tweaked once i get a better idea of the balance situation.
Currently it looks to be a bit too powerful in terms of uptime.
I feel like it should last somewhat less time and slow you some normally, but add a CE traitor option that is another aurora (current version) and two old-school magboots (no slip) for like 3tc or so.

Or Emag it, or add a better power cell to it, or something. It's quite good out of the box!
Idea: Tie power usage to damage blocked

For instance, having it running idle in a safe environment has low drain.

When it's in a hostile environment, battery drains faster

When it's blocking physical damage, high drain.

For fun, have an overcharge boost mode where you can keep it on past normal at the cost of a much longer recharge time.