Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Discord Channels
Lightbulb 
I couldn't find a thread about Discord channels but I offer a suggestion:

As a player who likes to catch up on the Discord chat(s) periodically but cannot always follow multiple longer discussions happening simultaneously, I wonder if having some added specialized Discord channels created to help filter related discussions might help organize and focus discussions more.

Some examples I can think of from recent discussions:
  • Maps, Mapping, other-Map-stuff: Specifically, that new comet station looks awesome and there has been good feedback, input, q&a that gets mixed up with other chatter.
  • Job/Department: Things like Genetics (or Pathology), ArtLab, Mechanics, Telesci, whatever. I volunteer to mod the Chef channel.
  • Antag roles: I've gotten some really good ideas for things from Discord and then completely forgotten about them a few seconds later because of another discussion.
Obviously this can be implemented in a controlled manner - one or two new channels. I'm not saying go all out with a hierarchy of 20 channels.

In short, maybe make some new channels for areas where you would like to focus or categorize discussion. The dedicated SS13 channel is great and I think it would be easy to expand on that.
I like the idea of having Discord channels for job-related discussions, but maybe separated by department rather than individual jobs. Kitchen/Bar, Botany, Sec, Research, Engineering, FART CLOWNS USA, etc.

Also, while we're discussing Discord channels, can we give Spacebee its own channel for posting server updates? It's posting to two separate channels each time a new round starts and it looks like real human people have said stuff in them when the notification gets posted.