Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trivial Silliness with Ossification
One round as geneticist, I had both Ossification and Self Biomass Manipulation in my DNA records. Being a skeleton, I figured, that I couldn't melt from using unsynchronized biomass manipulation. However, when I tried to use it, my body turned back to flesh (with no chat message), my body gibbed, and then my skeleton body laid on the floor, dead. While I didn't really have any issue with melting, my body spontaneously turning back to flesh is slightly ludicrous.

I don't think I had low stability, unless the mutations from innate Mutagenic Field still punish/increase stability.

This is also something of a suggestion thread: maybe make Ossification allow you to use unsynchronized biomass manipulation, but with some sort of negative side effect (unless it has one already).

EDIT: By "negative effect", I mean give Ossification in general some other negative effect; like requiring regular milk consumption, otherwise your bones become brittle, etc.
Looks like you didn't synchronize it (the gibbing effect is caused by that). Failing due to instability currently turns you into a statue. I would be okay with there being the same effect for both.

I could get behind a different effect and flavour text if you're a skeleton when you try to do it (and fail, either due to instability or lack of synchronization).
Also, it's pretty clear that the mutations from innate Mutagenic Field do, in fact, change your stability. They USUALLY can't cause you to instantly gib from having critically low stability, since Mutagenic Field generally gives more stability increasing mutations than stability decreasing mutations, but it's technically possible if you get extremely unlucky.

HOWEVER, even having 5 or 10 stability below the max can cause many activated mutations to fail horribly and kill you, so I would recommend not using any if you don't have maximum stability.
"You try to dissolve, but the human inside your skeleton bursts forth in an immersion-ruining display!'