Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Can't find the antag roll overhaul thread so i'm posting this about rolling antag
I feel like I get antag in streaks, and then I don't get it for like a whole month. 

Example: Last night I got nuke ops. I could have bet my entire life savings that I would get antag next round. Guess what? Got vamp. I'm about 90% positive that next round I declare ready on I will get antag. Probably 1-2 more times after that, and then not get it for a solid month or two, depending on how many times I play in that timeframe. What gives?

I'm literally avoiding playing right now during low-pop hours because I don't want to be 3 crew changeling.
The "streaks" thing is just the clustering illusion.

Regarding low-pop antag stuff, I would be okay with adjusting the weighting of your antag-ness by something like:

Code:
change in effective rounds played = (num_players + constant) / divisor

e.g. if we set the constant to 10 and the divisor to 30, a round in which there's 20 players would count as (20+10)/30 = 1 round (so as now), but if there were 30 players it would be (30+10)/30 = 4/3, and 10 players would be (10+10)/30 = 2/3.

Not saying those numbers are right, but you get the idea. More players in the round means that the fact that you were picked counts "more", and less players in the round means the fact that you were picked counts "less".

Playing a low-pop round as the antagonist would affect you less.
I've noticed a pattern kinda like this, but not only is this an issue, even antag tokens can get fucked up! I used one a week ago, and didn't end up being antag, so I Ahelped it and was told that I was supposed to be a vampire. I did get rewarded being an antag with admin help but I think the antag selecting system may need to be redone
I'd like something along the lines of

Code:
min(1, num_players + constant) / divisor)

So that rounds with a large amount of people (which are more chaotic and where you can die more easily due to a greater amount of antags / miscreant behavior) still count as just 1 "round unit", while lessening the effects of low-pop round.
Dumb question from the peanut gallery but, would crewmembers who have all antags turned off by default affect that algorithm?