Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ITT: grovel to the admins till they put construction mode on LLJK1 or something
c'moon, what's the worst that can happen
Believe it or not, there's a small portion of the community who actually appreciate #1 for what it is presently. Because of low population, that portion only awakens whenever a decent number can be rallied for it. Nonetheless, the RP crowd is enthusiastic for those occasions when they can meet up; and would likely be disappointed to see their server turned to a gamemode that was dead save the first half of a week since it was introduced.

While I have fond memories of construction mode for my own specific reasons, I doubt the niche for it is larger than that of the RP server.
oh nah i don't mean permanently, but maybe have it set up like the Map Vote thing where we can organise & run a construction round every once in a while.
Just wanna say we already have map voting, and theres nothing about construction mode that hampers roleplay in any way. I'd say it could be done without the RP crowd being stepped on. Just need to add jobs and some shuttles you can send away to use as the "station" till people build it?
(02-25-2018, 10:49 AM)Dions Wrote: Just wanna say we already have map voting, and theres nothing about construction mode that hampers roleplay in any way. I'd say it could be done without the RP crowd being stepped on. Just need to add jobs and some shuttles you can send away to use as the "station" till people build it?

If it is added back in, I would love for it to be more station adjacent rather than replacement. 

Like, give us a fully formed mini-station and then just the tools to expand off of it.

OR maybe have another z-level function as the construction site in replace of say, the debris field or adventure zone?
Destiny already does have quite a bit of open space around it, might work as a building-off station.
Maybe Destiny with some of the bits cut off.

Or like Frank said, construct-a-station in the debris field, have only the space diner (with mining shuttle) as the "base" and then go from there.
That way you can have the station Z-Level essentially just running extended, and the debris field full of morons with RCDs
I like the idea of Construction because of its near-infinity round length. Something to give a reason to repair and rebuild a blown up part of the station, instead of just calling Daddy Centcom to mail us a new one. Or to keep the end of the round from making long, boring projects feel like a waste of time (I'm 1000% cool about some jackass obliterating my project with a canbomb or something, since *someone* ruined everything, and I can die trying to toolbox that *someone* into next week. Can't toolbox GAME OVER YEAH).

Course, there're a bunch of things that wouldn't lend themselves to a perma-shift. Being dead's gonna suck if there's no way to stop being unrevivable after a reasonable while. Endless hellburns would do something, probably. A fully-functional forever-shift would need a lot of tweaking.
Add respawn for those rounds, problem solved
(02-25-2018, 05:44 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Add respawn for those rounds, problem solved

I'd say to make it more palatable for the week-long RP rounds, maybe add a delay of like 10 or 20 minutes before you can respawn, similar to critters now.
The concept is appealing, but it devolves into people laying claim to zones and being all 'this is MY fort!' about it. As BoPrime said, it was great for a few weeks, but the novelty wears off fast.

That's as a server though. A short-term round-mode type thing sounds nice. Also like Frank's additions.
Sounds godawful, in my opinion. I was never around for full-time construction mode, but I can see plenty of problems with it, RP or not.

If you want this to be a thing, make a small map that has basic capability plus plenty of supplies, then just open up the notion of "if you vote for this map, you get construction mode".
(02-25-2018, 08:47 PM)Mordent Wrote: Sounds godawful, in my opinion. I was never around for full-time construction mode, but I can see plenty of problems with it, RP or not.

If you want this to be a thing, make a small map that has basic capability plus plenty of supplies, then just open up the notion of "if you vote for this map, you get construction mode".

Exactly this! Chances are it'll only get picked on 1 or on Ass Day so it wouldn't be that intrusive along with the lower saturation meaning the novelty would wear off less.
(02-25-2018, 08:47 PM)Mordent Wrote: Sounds godawful, in my opinion. I was never around for full-time construction mode, but I can see plenty of problems with it, RP or not.

+1

Honestly, could repurpose devship for just this purpose.
I tried my hand at construction once during an RP1 round where I was the only person. It was kinda neat.

I built a platform off the side of the HoP office (I was playing HoP) using the RCD, then populated it with critters and bees to serve as my only friends:
[Image: 0JlJzrV.png]

It had a small space-viewing area in the hallway:
[Image: iM1KpX6.png]

And included a maintenance closet where I stored the oxygen I used to make it habitable:
[Image: i8QUhre.png]

I first tried using the mass construction thingy you can order from QM but I guess the Destiny map is missing whatever that requires to make it work?

Does "Construction Mode" have construction-related objectives? Such as "Build a kickin' rad skate park" or "Remodel the Bar to fit a more post-modern-bohemian-chic style"?
(02-26-2018, 03:46 PM)ZeWaka Wrote:

+1

Honestly, could repurpose devship for just this purpose.

Integrating it into the mapvote cycle sounds really really cool. 
And on the off-chance that Goon2 votes for it, 40+ player construction sounds radical. 
Any chance to have it spawn some antags like 30 minutes in on 2 ?

Edit: Also super cool zone, DK.