Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make lasers do burn damage
Why do lasers even do brute anyway

bullets should do brute, lasers should do burn, so that you can't just disregard planning and slap 30 units of bicaridine into any fucker in a gunfight
This would make lasers even more deadly, as you can take much less burn damage than brute
I think this is a good idea. Might require doing some rebalancing of the total damage output but that's easy enough. I'll do some tests tonight. It'd also probably make lasers less effective against cyborgs, but eh, I'll see how it goes.

vvv yep vvv
Then you tweak the damage of lasers down so they're doing roughly the same damage in burn as equivalent in brute. If it takes X-number of laser shots to crit you with brute, and Y-number to crit you with burn, you just lower the damage of lasers until it takes X-number of shots with burn. That's pretty simple stuff.
Cogwerks Wrote:It'd also probably make lasers less effective against cyborgs, but eh, I'll see how it goes.

Note that it already takes 3 laser guns worth of lasers (that is 24 lasers) to kill a STANDARD cyborg, and god knows how many to kill a reinforced/heavy borg.

Maybe cyborg health could also use a bit of rebalancing?

I mean otherwise, this makes perfect sense and should be that way.
Are you sure this is still the case? Cogwerks already reduced the health of cyborgs about a month ago to make them more vulnerable to guns in general.
A starting light cyborg is set to usually die to about 3-5 laser shots, depending on which parts blow off.
There's a lot of variability there but in most cases you should be able to wreck a light borg with one charged gun.
I fought a light cyborg the other day with a laser, he's pretty much dead-on. It took 5 shots, it took out most of his limbs then hit a good spot.