Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Selling Genetics Materials (makes weakener useful)
You can buy materials for genetics, why not add a way to sell them back?  Maybe 25% of what they cost, you could sell them for (I think that is 5 credits per).

This would make weakener a lot more useful, and add some more depth to genetics.  As it is, by hte time you can store a mutation and splice weakener into it and make injectors, so you can use it multiple times and reclaim, you don't NEED materials anymore.
But what does that have to do with weakener? I can get selling materials if you're grinding activators for a good chromosome, but I have no idea as for the effect of weakener.

Does it let you endlessly inject someone with a weakened activator?
The weakener gives you more materials if you scrap the gene it's connected to.
Yeah. So weakener usage is like this.

Store a mutation, any mutation.

Splice in weakener chromosome.

Inject into a monkey.

Reclaim that mutation.

The PROBLEM is... by the time you have researched mutation storage and injectors, what the heck do you need materials for?
Just make it so you can directly reclaim chromosomes. Bam, problem solved.
Or maybe have an ability to scramble chromosomes: put in 2/3, have a random one come out.
(02-22-2018, 12:47 PM)MrMagolor Wrote: Or maybe have an ability to scramble chromosomes: put in 2/3, have a random one come out.

This right here would be a huge QoL improvement.
That'd be cool too, it wouldn't really make weakener any more useful (It really really is completely useless IMO) but it would be a pretty neat option to have!
Yeah scrambling is a great idea I’ve wanted forever. Go for it.
Or, alternatively, combine both ideas and enable you to sell materials for research budget, and then be able to buy chromosomes with that budget. Or make it possible for you to spend materials to roll a random chromosome (less annoying as having to eject monkey, activate monkey, put filled in console, put monkey in scanner, repeat).

However, this should not exclude the "traditional" method of getting chromosomes, of course.