Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mentor and HoS Applications Update
Information 
Hi all! We've decided to split up mentor and HoS applications. That is, you can now apply for only mentor, only HoS, or both (but you'll have to fill out two separate applications). Players who have previously applied only for HoS still retain their mentor status, though, since they pretty much were also applying for mentor in their application. 

The reason we've decided to do this is because we believe this will make HoS more accessible. Maybe you're a good sec player, but you aren't super sure about your knowledge on game mechanics. Maybe you aren't totally comfortable with the totally prestigious mentor role, and the responsibility of it all. Maybe you find the color purple gaudy and excessive.

If you have questions or comments, please .tell or DM me on IRC or Discord bee
(02-20-2018, 07:47 AM)Flourish Wrote: Hi all! We've decided to split up mentor and HoS applications. That is, you can now apply for only mentor, only HoS, or both (but you'll have to fill out two separate applications). Players who have previously applied only for HoS still retain their mentor status, though, since they pretty much were also applying for mentor in their application. 

The reason we've decided to do this is because we believe this will make HoS more accessible. Maybe you're a good sec player, but you aren't super sure about your knowledge on game mechanics. Maybe you aren't totally comfortable with the totally prestigious mentor role, and the responsibility of it all. Maybe you find the color purple gaudy and excessive.

If you have questions or comments, please .tell or DM me on IRC or Discord :spacebee:

This... isn't how it worked already?
Nope! You were also pretty much applying for mentor if you were applying for HoS.
Applying for HoS also meant applying for mentor and has been that way for a long time. Some of us felt that made the HoS application more daunting hence why we are now splitting it so that you can become HoS without becoming a mentor.
I had zero idea you couldn't be HoS without mentor. Wow.

Thanks for clearing it up!
I could have saved time and applied for mentor by filling out a HoS application?

Heck.
Base requirements for mentor are: 3 months experience (or be universally liked), not a shitlorde, and basic understanding of game mechanics. I can't see an HoS doing their job with less than that.

So basically this is for weirdos like me who're allergic to purple? Not the HoS type, but I do appreciate the added choices.
(02-20-2018, 10:41 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Base requirements for mentor are: 3 months experience (or be universally liked), not a shitlorde, and basic understanding of game mechanics. I can't see an HoS doing their job with less than that.

So basically this is for weirdos like me who're allergic to purple? Not the HoS type, but I do appreciate the added choices.

Wait, you aren't a mentor??

My entire life is turning out to be nothing but lies this week
The split is because the requirements for HoS are less restrictive now. We are going to be less judgemental and be more accepting so that more people are likely to apply. This is mostly because we want to see more HoS's.
The goal is that we will have more HoS's than mentors, rather than the way it is now which is opposite.
I completely agree with this decision, this can allow robust sec players with little knowledge of other stuff have less of a discouragement of having to be a mentor to also be an HoS
I know it has been a bit since this thread was relevant, but there are two questions on my mind that I didn't think of until now.
  1. Will mentors still get HoS access on Fridays?
  2. If the answer to the above is yes, will non-mentors with HoS access become mentors on Fridays to balance it out?
Yes, mentors still get HoS access on Fridays. No, non-mentors with HoS access will not become mentors on Fridays.