Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yet another sec rework thread
hello i am here again to propose ideas for security improvements and they are this

1) decentralize the brig, spawn 1-2 sec officers in each major dept with their objective keeping the peace there and shouldn't be responsible for stuff that occurs off-premises. add more minibrigs like the one near mining.

2) convert the brig into a more secure supply room 

3) give sec officers more leeway in how they deal with people, if they're being messed with then the person messing with them should expect to get beat up 

i think these suggestions would be an improvement of the current security experience (run laps around the station waiting for things to happen, largely helpless to do anything against people who interfere with arrests. after all, if the admins have to step in and deal with this behavior, what is the point of security when they do their jobs?)
(02-18-2018, 04:22 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: 1) decentralize the brig, spawn 1-2 sec officers in each major dept with their objective keeping the peace there and shouldn't be responsible for stuff that occurs off-premises. add more minibrigs like the one near mining.

I feel like this would go well with my suggestion to have random deputized civilian roles act as a sec force, decentralised but empowered. With more outposts and minibrigs, it makes it even more appealing to stop cooking for a second to catch someone, slap him in the bar jail, and go back to work- no need to chase him across the hall.
Yeah, I think it would be interesting to see what happens if security goes from 'mall cops' to 'station militia'.
I was actually thinking about something when it comes to #2.

All officers have their normal access (with the exception of science), but the officers are assigned a department with full access to it with maaaaaybe the exception of the heads room?

So like an officer with access in all of medical, one in science, engineering, VIP areas (bridge, AI upload, etc.), and civilian areas (Botany, Kitchen, bar, chapel).  This means people who CAN do something are able to keep an eye out for those things, and if things go bad fast Security has someone they can trust telling them they need back-up rather than someone who may potentially be trying to piss them off.  Along with that, it also means someone with easy access could let back-up in to assist them.
(02-18-2018, 06:11 PM)Technature Wrote: I was actually thinking about something when it comes to #2.

All officers have their normal access (with the exception of science), but the officers are assigned a department with full access to it with maaaaaybe the exception of the heads room?

So like an officer with access in all of medical, one in science, engineering, VIP areas (bridge, AI upload, etc.), and civilian areas (Botany, Kitchen, bar, chapel).  This means people who CAN do something are able to keep an eye out for those things, and if things go bad fast Security has someone they can trust telling them they need back-up rather than someone who may potentially be trying to piss them off.  Along with that, it also means someone with easy access could let back-up in to assist them.

I like this. I think a good way to go about this would be to have some kind of ID machine in Sec. Stick your Sec ID into it, have it punch a second color band on it to show your new access. Probably limit it to one guard for each department, but you can reassign yourself to unoccupied areas

Maybe have little armbands or helmet stripes you can wear that are also color coded.

Would even make guard impersonation a bit harder when you're outside your area
Quick question: why is this on a seperate thread?

I like militia role idea.
(02-18-2018, 08:08 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I like this. I think a good way to go about this would be to have some kind of ID machine in Sec. Stick your Sec ID into it, have it punch a second color band on it to show your new access. Probably limit it to one guard for each department, but you can reassign yourself to unoccupied areas

Maybe have little armbands or helmet stripes you can wear that are also color coded.

Would even make guard impersonation a bit harder when you're outside your area
This

(02-18-2018, 04:22 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: 3) give sec officers more leeway in how they deal with people, if they're being messed with then the person messing with them should expect to get beat up 
I feel like some sort of guideline would be needed for this, so that officers don't have to waste time considering what would be an appropriate punishment and what would be too harsh.
(02-19-2018, 07:46 AM)Maegor Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 04:22 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: 3) give sec officers more leeway in how they deal with people, if they're being messed with then the person messing with them should expect to get beat up 
I feel like some sort of guideline would be needed for this, so that officers don't have to waste time considering what would be an appropriate punishment and what would be too harsh.

Have I got a page for you.

But yeah a little more clarification on what's okay to do and what isn't would be nice.
(02-19-2018, 08:46 AM)Technature Wrote: Have I got a page for you.

But yeah a little more clarification on what's okay to do and what isn't would be nice.

I completely forgot that that page had suggested punishments

But a what you shouldn't do list would help
(02-19-2018, 12:01 PM)Maegor Wrote:
(02-19-2018, 08:46 AM)Technature Wrote: Have I got a page for you.

I completely forgot that that page had suggested punishments

But a what you shouldn't do list would help

Man, that reminds me. I wanted to draft up something like an arrest code of conduct that said what rights a suspect had as long as they also abided by reasonable requests from Sec