Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Three states of matter chemistry
I think more chems should be broken and organized along the lines of existing naturally in these states

Solid - How salt and gunpowder currently work
Liquid - The way most chems function currently
Gas - How I think chem smoke should work

Dissolving solids into liquids, creating "smoke" by heating liquids until they steam, freezing and condensing gas into a liquid or solid state, those are all things I think should be possible and necessary for making chem mixes

The process of storing, converting, a mixing chems from different states into another could provide unique challenges in how to build chem recipes. I can also imagine chems being brought back into material science through this process, creating solid bars of the desired chem to be used in item and building crafting
Give chem some more toys for doing this stuff. All they really have is the hotplate, right? What about a distiller, filters, fume hoods, electrodes, cool shit like that. The big problem i see with making chem more experimental is the weird liminal zone it stands in between real life chemicals and processes, and fictional materials.
(02-18-2018, 12:40 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: The big problem i see with making chem more experimental is the weird liminal zone it stands in between real life chemicals and processes, and fictional materials.

TBH I would love for chemistry to have more fictitious chems, with randomized names and appearances each round, like "Compound K9-X20". Sorta like roguelikes and the way they handle potions. The challenge of chemistry could be identifying what they were with tests you run, like observing what happens when a monkey consumes it, or when you expose it to temperature changes or to other identified chems. But that's an entirely different idea thread
ooooh what if the toxic shit had randomised portions of their recipe each round?
you could have the chemmaster give clues as to what would happen at certain temps but you never know if heating up your space drugs is gonna boil it off, or give you some sweet healthy neuro
(02-18-2018, 05:36 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: ooooh what if the toxic shit had randomised portions of their recipe each round?
This was suggested doing this to some existing secret chems a few months ago, and some people didn't like 'not being able to plan their super-chem station destroyers over the course of a few months'.
Good effort though.
I can't readily find the thread atm. And I kinda don't want to; it was not a very inspiring discussion, iirc.
Thinking a bit more about it, Solid chems could very well exist in Solid bars, smaller chunks, and the powdered form you see with other things. Mining could extract ores that could be processed to extract purified chems into solid bars, that could ground and filed into powders.
(02-19-2018, 02:56 PM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 05:36 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: ooooh what if the toxic shit had randomised portions of their recipe each round?
This was suggested doing this to some existing secret chems a few months ago, and some people didn't like 'not being able to plan their super-chem station destroyers over the course of a few months'.
Good effort though.
I can't readily find the thread atm. And I kinda don't want to; it was not a very inspiring discussion, iirc.

sounds like bad powergaming sekrit klub strats. 
sounds like bad gameplay.