Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ideas of Questionable Quality: Security Edition
(02-15-2018, 10:01 AM)PH77SER Wrote: what about having sec players get some sort of bonus thing like spacebux? sec gets a super high bux salary and a bonus for getting antags in the prison or killed antags!
I like a high spacebux salary for people doing the game's most shitty job.

(02-15-2018, 10:01 AM)PH77SER Wrote: or how about sec exclusive shit that only sec can ever get and no greytider can find and/or get barring killing a police officer? like a squeaky baton that knocks down people, or backup guard NPC's that help the mall cop do his job, like a beepsky that follows you around and cuffs people, or a beepsky that's controlled by a ghost!
There is already a lot of 'Security Gear that you can steal' and you can carry an almost complete securitron in your backpack.
What is really needed is 'Security Gear that you can NOT steal'.

(02-15-2018, 12:51 PM)Grek Wrote: Implementation: You enter photograph and the computer starts churning away. Every five minutes, it does a check: If the the person is innocent, there is a 50% chance to conclude that they are innocent and print out results saying that the testee is probably not a criminal. Otherwise (if they're an antagonist or if you got the 50% chance of inconclusive), it requests a new photograph (of the same person, or a different person; must be taken within the last 10 minutes) and gets back to work.
Love it. I would like blood samples, vomit and other such evidence to serve as input.

(02-15-2018, 12:51 PM)Grek Wrote: RE: a crime computer, I think it should A] be something the detective uses, B] be fooled by disguises, and C] be good for finding out if someone is innocent, but awful at finding out who the guilty person is.
The Crime Computer should definitely be Security Gear, not another detective-exclusive toy. But it would be fine if it was in the Detective Office.

Posted in the other thread, but I'd like to discus it here:
(02-15-2018, 12:28 PM)Darkchis Wrote: Security should have implants that prevent mindslaving imo. So if you wanna make one your goon you gotta cut it out or something beforehand. That may reinforce the feeling of security (HEH) around the officers.
I like the idea of implant-based protection against mindslaving even more then armor-based protection. Doesn't security spawn with loyalty implants by default? Can we make those rebuke mindslave implants?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ideas of Questionable Quality: Security Edition - by The Grim Sleeper - 02-16-2018, 12:39 AM
RE: Ideas of Questionable Quality: Security Edition - by Tombi - 02-16-2018, 04:00 AM
RE: Ideas of Questionable Quality: Security Edition - by Tombi - 02-23-2018, 12:43 PM
RE: Ideas of Questionable Quality: Security Edition - by Tombi - 02-26-2018, 04:18 PM
RE: Ideas of Questionable Quality: Security Edition - by Tombi - 02-26-2018, 11:56 PM
RE: Ideas of Questionable Quality: Security Edition - by Tombi - 03-01-2018, 12:14 AM