Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.45 Average
make HoS non exclusive to mentors
(04-15-2019, 04:56 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: The people that really want to play HoS will have applied for the position. We have lots of mentors that could be applying for HoS but they have not so I assume they just don't want to be HoS? Who knows.

Also word requirements are just there to filter those that don't follow the rules. Same with the template. Also it's not 300 words. Its 600 for HoS.

Having at least a recommendation from one HoS/Admin would be nice though and if that was the case I could see the word requirement toned down.

Im pretty sure most people know you have to apply for HoS and if they don't know that then they probably haven't been here long enough to BE HoS.

600 words sucks & writing how to improve seven different brigs fucking sucks too. If I didn't have HoS I would not fill out the application today.

Nobody is being pushed to play it- it simply opens up the door. I never applied to be a mentor with HoS but I got it & I've been doing it ever since; it'll work as the other way around to. If they want to be an HoS, they could.

They also could get job banned from it if they're shit.

Also, @ people need to understand that there is a baseline- is being a mentor and investing a ton of time into the game and getting different colored text to know they're a part of a community not enough?

I'd honestly say, if we're not getting rid of the whitelist, add the HoS app into the mentor app and make it under 200 words.

Also- if someone has recs from five HoSes I think that should be enough for them to bypass it.

At least make the app easier- improving the brig as a question sucks and isn't funny like the OG app was when I spoke about Shrek. Why not add in a bee question?
This may be a little out of scope, but would it be an improvement if other players could chime in for someone's qualifications as HoS? Not just in a "listed as recommended by in the post", but in some sort of automated (and preferably anonymous) way.

Alternatively, perhaps being able to start an application of sorts for someone else? Vouching on someone else's behavior from in-game observation, rather than making people write a bunch of words.
(04-16-2019, 09:52 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: This may be a little out of scope, but would it be an improvement if other players could chime in for someone's qualifications as HoS? Not just in a "listed as recommended by in the post", but in some sort of automated (and preferably anonymous) way.

Alternatively, perhaps being able to start an application of sorts for someone else? Vouching on someone else's behavior from in-game observation, rather than making people write a bunch of words.

I like these ideas a lot and I think they deserve their own thread
Well I mean. ANYONE can chime in on HoS/Mentor apps if they think they have something to add.

Also I really don't care if HoS gets mentor or if mentor gets HoS. I got it back when you got both for applying for HoS but I don't really see the need to change the requirements. As long as they apply the same way they did back then I couldn't really care less.

I believe the reason people had to do 600 words is BECAUSE HoS also got Mentor. Mentors only had to do 300 words about their reason for the application. HoS needs to do 300 words for the reason they are applying(same as mentor) and another 300 for how they play security. I don't think thats too much to ask if we have them both comboed together. Though you are right that if HoS and Mentor are separated nowadays then they should really only have to do 300 words since HoS do not get mentor automatically anymore.

Basically the whole do 600 words thing was never changed when HoS and Mentor was separated and maybe it should be changed? Also yeah I don't know if I mentioned but the whole How to Improve the Brig thing is dumb when we have so many maps though if I was making an HoS app nowadays I would just pick one map to fix and state that. I mean I think that the whole reason that question is there is to make you think alittle while you are applying.
(04-16-2019, 01:18 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Well I mean. ANYONE can chime in on HoS/Mentor apps if they think they have something to add.

To clarify, in my suggestion I meant having the ability for another person to start the application process, along the lines of "I've seen xxxxxxx play as Security and various other roles, and they've shown good judgement and a level head. I think they would be a good fit for the HoS whitelist."
(04-16-2019, 01:22 PM)Zamujasa Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 01:18 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Well I mean. ANYONE can chime in on HoS/Mentor apps if they think they have something to add.

To clarify, in my suggestion I meant having the ability for another person to start the application process, along the lines of "I've seen xxxxxxx play as Security and various other roles, and they've shown good judgement and a level head. I think they would be a good fit for the HoS whitelist."

Well I dunno about that. Well maybe if the person is alright with them making a surrogate application for them.