Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Name overlay
I suggest a key binding that when held or toggled, displays people's names over their sprites, if this name would be visible otherwise.  Hard coded exceptions could be made for things like people behind bushes where this would be unsportsmanlike.
You mean the name that displays when they would do an action, right?

I immediately thought of this being abused to kill disguises that involve concealing clothing and a fake (or stolen) ID.

Otherwise it might be difficult to code so it doesn't show people under bushes.

And the info clutter.

I supposed if it's toggle-able it's not too bad though.
(02-12-2018, 10:03 PM)Technature Wrote: You mean the name that displays when they would do an action, right?

I immediately thought of this being abused to kill disguises that involve concealing clothing and a fake (or stolen) ID.

Otherwise it might be difficult to code so it doesn't show people under bushes.

And the info clutter.

I supposed if it's toggle-able it's not too bad though.

Yeah definitely whatever name that displays, not the real name.  It would be really nice for Sec players especially, if someone yells GEORGE MELONS IS A KILLER and you haven't seen him yet to know who is he.  It's info that is available to the character more easily than the player.
Maybe it could open up for a future trait that lets you see past generic disguises by showing their fake name with airqoutes.

"The real captain"
Sounds like something the SecHud goggles could really use
(02-13-2018, 11:58 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Sounds like something the SecHud goggles could really use
(02-14-2018, 12:12 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 11:58 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Sounds like something the SecHud goggles could really use
Great for SecHud, but iffy otherwise. Byond tends to handle these kinds of things like a hamster handles a ferrari tho, so I'd be kinda shocked at any smooth integration.
(02-14-2018, 12:12 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: