Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
infinite monkeys
This was on G4 at about 2:50 PM, october 11th

I got telekinesis a few seconds into the round and ran off to scare people. As I was running down the halls I spotted an HOS and tele-punched him 'cause I knew it wouldn't do any damage and I wanted to show off that I had telekinesis really early. He started chasing me, emptying eguns at me. I told him to stop a bunch of times, that it didn't do anything, and that arresting people for 'disrespect' is really stupid. He kept emptying E-guns at me so I disarmed him and stunned him.

Here's the contestable part.

I've, in the past, fought HOSes on my traitor rounds, with c-sabers and other high-brute items. If you hit them in the head, the stun applies, but they take no damage. That's how it was, anyway. I don't know if it's the case now. The beret soaks all the damage but not the stun.

The e-gun I'd gotten from him had about half charge, and I wanted to handcuff him, so I switched over to laser and shot him to keep him stunned, since you can get way more laser shots than stun shots. He took the stun but, as I suspected, was not damaged, or not significantly. He kept getting back up, seemingly unharmed.

Someone drug him away from me, or bumped into me, and I got a PM from Infinite Monkeys asking why I was killing him. It was his character. I explained the stuff about the beret and its damage soaking, and he said: "no it doesnt you fucking idiot." Maybe it doesn't now, or maybe it doesn't work with lasers. They do brute damage but maybe they automatically target the chest or something, where the beret doesn't protect. In any case, he was alive and seemingly unharmed when he got away from me, so there wasn't any manslaughter. He banned me anyway.

I think it's because he was upset. I know from experience that Infinite Monkeys is a really emotional player and could easily let his anger influence his administrative decisions. I don't think, if he wasn't acting on emotion and vengeful feelings, he'd have pursued me for harmlessly punching him in the first place.
Ingame name is "Alice Spigotlips"

Key is "Lifted_Dunks"
So you punch the HoS, whine because he doesn't ignore you. Then you try to kill the HoS (for doing what a HoS does?) by switching his own gun to *laser* mode and then whine because you get banned?
backifran Wrote:So you punch the HoS, whine because he doesn't ignore you. Then you try to kill the HoS (for doing what a HoS does?) by switching his own gun to *laser* mode and then whine because you get banned?

I don't think you really read it
spergot Wrote:
backifran Wrote:So you punch the HoS, whine because he doesn't ignore you. Then you try to kill the HoS (for doing what a HoS does?) by switching his own gun to *laser* mode and then whine because you get banned?

Quote:As I was running down the halls I spotted an HOS and tele-punched him

Quote:The e-gun I'd gotten from him had about half charge, and I wanted to handcuff him, so I switched over to laser and shot him
backifran Wrote:
spergot Wrote:

Quote:As I was running down the halls I spotted an HOS and tele-punched him

Quote:The e-gun I'd gotten from him had about half charge, and I wanted to handcuff him, so I switched over to laser and shot him

There's more text than those bits you picked out

I think you're one of those people who just wants to cull favor with the goons and feel culturally included so I'll ignore you
Backifran, stop shit posting. Admins and people involved only.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:Backifran, stop shit posting. Admins and people involved only.

Sure, I was just trimming the fat from his post.
Here's a summary from my perspective:
About 5 minutes into the round someone with TK ran up and started punching me. I went to tase him to ask what he was doing and how he got TK so fast, and he disarmed me with TK then immediately lasered me to death. I checked to see if he was a traitor and when I saw he wasn't I pmed him asking what he was doing then revived myself. He responded with something about berets making you immune to lasers which was obviously just an excuse for murder so I banned him for 10 days.

spergot Wrote:I got telekinesis a few seconds into the round and ran off to scare people. As I was running down the halls I spotted an HOS and tele-punched him 'cause I knew it wouldn't do any damage and I wanted to show off that I had telekinesis really early. He started chasing me, emptying eguns at me. I told him to stop a bunch of times, that it didn't do anything, and that arresting people for 'disrespect' is really stupid. He kept emptying E-guns at me so I disarmed him and stunned him.
You attacked the HoS and expected not to be stunned? Also why would you put the word disrespect in quotes when I never said it?

spergot Wrote:I've, in the past, fought HOSes on my traitor rounds, with c-sabers and other high-brute items. If you hit them in the head, the stun applies, but they take no damage. That's how it was, anyway. I don't know if it's the case now. The beret soaks all the damage but not the stun.
This has never, ever been true.

spergot Wrote:The e-gun I'd gotten from him had about half charge, and I wanted to handcuff him, so I switched over to laser and shot him to keep him stunned, since you can get way more laser shots than stun shots.
This is also bullshit.

spergot Wrote:He took the stun but, as I suspected, was not damaged, or not significantly. He kept getting back up, seemingly unharmed.
After you'd lasered me into crit I checked to see if you were a traitor and since you weren't I PMed you then revived myself.

I don't like to punish people for things I'm involved in but walking up to the HoS, attacking him then lasering him to death as a non-traitor is unquestionably Not Ok and this was justified imo.
This should be an unsuccessful ban appeal, not an unsuccessful admin complaint.